• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Free ICC profile maker for printers/papers

faq

BobCap

Why not use the software from x-rite?

I have the same photospctrometer and use it almost every day.

I do profiles on an Epson 7600 & 9800, a Mutoh VJ1203 and a Xerox 560.

Here is the only free ICC Profile Creation System / tool that I am aware of (it is really a pretty good tool, but as it is open source software, there is little available tech support for it):

www.argyllcms.com

Bly

Here is the only free ICC Profile Creation System / tool that I am aware of (it is really a pretty good tool, but as it is open source software, there is little available tech support for it):

www.argyllcms.com

I had a look at that with a view to creating profiles for an old Epson printer no longer supported by Onyx.
I believe it's usable, but being completely command line driven not by an impatient time poor user like me.

I had a look at that with a view to creating profiles for an old Epson printer no longer supported by Onyx.
I believe it's usable, but being completely command line driven not by an impatient time poor user like me.

Nobody said it was easy ;)

Bly

No such thing as a free lunch is there?

I wound up getting a slightly newer second hand printer that WAS supported by Onyx and profiled it that way.