• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Frost material

hey there i have one client need frost on the glass but in design lots of line which need to install how to do it ?
Screen Shot 2023-07-28 at 11.28.23 AM.png

Johnny Best

Set first strip level and squeegee into place. Make a small piece of 1mm pvc and put 1.45” marks on pvc. Install next piece down and measure from bottom of first piece to the one you just install and slide new piece with your marked template, squeegee down and proceed on down the window. Use rapidTac on back of frost and glass. Do not let it dry on glass or streaks will be seen on lower pieces. Cleanleness is Godliness.

Johnny Best

This is where hand finished installed product works better than AI. Layout and cut with machine, mask with machine, applying to glass with hands and RapidTac. Hand Work just looks nicer and once you get good at it, twice as fast on install.

We did same but frost needs wet when we tried to squeeze the premask makes bubbles then we removed the premask and did one by one but takes lots of time so i wanna any another solution and how much should i charge per sqf in canada

Moze

There's no reason to premask it.

For spacing, use a laser or pieces of Gorilla or other thick tape cut to the 1.45" gap size. Butt your piece up to the tape.

Vinyl install can be time consuming but what you're showing is pretty straightforward.

There's no magic wand....you just have to do the work.

gnubler

Love deep, there's many videos about installing frosted film on Youtube. That's how I learned.
You don't need any tape if these are just solid square pieces. Use a lot of application fluid on both the glass and the film.

There's no reason to premask it.

For spacing, use a laser or pieces of Gorilla or other thick tape cut to the 1.45" gap size. Butt your piece up to the tape.

Vinyl install can be time consuming but what you're showing is pretty straightforward.

There's no magic wand....you just have to do the work.
Thank you really helpful