• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fuji Acuity Advance - Carriage Ink System: Error - Ink heat servo logic failed

jkuhns

I have been having on and off trouble getting the printer to heat up lately. Besides the room was very cold as it is every winter, I was getting strange temperature readings. So I got a service key and lo and behold, the head that was set as the preferred head for temperature reading was flaky, so set it to a perfectly fine head and was back in business. Then 2 weeks later I start getting it heat up errors again. So go back in check everything out and all seems normal. Read the logs and see:

INKSERVO: Updating thermistor status.
Coolant heater switched on
Pressure servo: setting level to 12.000000
EVENT: 12:04:36 : CAS 27-0-13: Ink heat servo state change 1
Enabling Degas. Servo mode = 1.
INKSERVO: Minimal number of heads reached: 2.
Coolant heater switched off
EVENT: 12:04:36 : CAS 02-5-09: Carriage Ink System: Error - Ink heat servo logic failed.
Disabling Degas. Servo mode = 1.
EVENT: 12:04:36 : CAS 27-0-13: Ink heat servo state change 0

Now, I go back into the service menus and see a toggle for Ink heat servo logic, so I turn it to off. Problems solved, machine heats up and I did a test print just fine. So, first questions is what does that logic do???? What am I risking running the machine with that off?? I suspect the heater on the coolant tank may be on its last days, used a meter and read the resistance on both heaters and the tank heater read .576 ohms and the ink reservoir heater read .242 ohms. but without a reference, I'm not sure how meaningful those numbers are. I did notice at some point either the coolant tank had a leak or overflow and really coated that heater to the point that it is not even very well adhered at one end.

I have attached the logs, if anyone could provide me with some insight that would be fantastic.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    108.6 KB · Views: 34