• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fuji Acuity Ink Fill Timed out!

dethsky

Hey guys I did some print head maintenance on the Cyan unit to get some nozzles back in our Fuji Acuity Advance HSX2. What I did was took the cover off the gantry, removed the hoses from the Cyan reservoir and drained all the ink out. After that I blocked the return hose to the reservoir and attached a syringe full of flush/cleaning solution to the inlet hose of the print head and pushed the fluid through trying to clear up some of the nozzles I had missing. This was a last ditch effort trying to keep the print head going, and it worked quite well. I got everything put back together then I did a Short Ink Flush of the Cyan unit to get all the air out of the lines. Now to the problem, ever since I did all that it takes my Cyan's reservoir double the time of any other reservoir to fill. This sometimes results in an INK FILL TIME OUT error. While this isn't a big issue its bothersome. If anyone has an suggestions on how to remedy this situation I would be grateful.

Thanks!!!

lgroth

We learned this recently... When you push solvent through the head there is a membrane in it, if you use too much pressure you can rupture it and it won't pressurize properly. That would be worst case scenario, other causes could be you still have air in the lines or one of the filters is plugged.

DougWestwood

Ink fill lines

Hey There,

The ink tubes going to the print heads have two layers.
Sometimes, the inner layer separates from the outer layer,
and blocks the line. It is a tricky process, when putting those tubes back
onto the ink spigot. Hope this helps! Please post results/fix method.

- Doug
Vancouver

Deymos1981

answer

Hey guys I did some print head maintenance on the Cyan unit to get some nozzles back in our Fuji Acuity Advance HSX2. What I did was took the cover off the gantry, removed the hoses from the Cyan reservoir and drained all the ink out. After that I blocked the return hose to the reservoir and attached a syringe full of flush/cleaning solution to the inlet hose of the print head and pushed the fluid through trying to clear up some of the nozzles I had missing. This was a last ditch effort trying to keep the print head going, and it worked quite well. I got everything put back together then I did a Short Ink Flush of the Cyan unit to get all the air out of the lines. Now to the problem, ever since I did all that it takes my Cyan's reservoir double the time of any other reservoir to fill. This sometimes results in an INK FILL TIME OUT error. While this isn't a big issue its bothersome. If anyone has an suggestions on how to remedy this situation I would be grateful.

Thanks!!!

Very simple. Ink pump does not manage to get the necessary pressure due to wear. Carefully remove the ink pump. Remove the top cover. There are two rubber membranes that are just lying. Clean the membrane and the place where they lie, use only ethyl (rubbing alcohol or food 96 - 99%). Turn diaphragm upside down and reassemble the pump. Voila.

Never more so do not clean the print head and do not use Short Ink Flush. Only use alcohol, sprinkled it on the bottom of the print head, and then use the pump of maintenence stantion.