• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fun with the pen tool

Hades02

Great work. How did you start your
initial practicing? Any tutorials?
I am trying to learn how to use
this mighty tool.

Rdowney

Just practice,practice,practice. It also helps to have a decent image as well. start with something easy and go from there. there are lots of tutorials but it comes down to your own preferences and techniques....this is a new project im doing right now wich is almost there.

Attachments

• new-project.jpg
    new-project.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 124

jhines1284

looks good so far cant wait to see it when its finished. I take it your into sprints. Have you ever made it out to Silver Dollar in Chico?

mark-s

Thats totally computer generated right?
What kind of a mouse do you use,
Track ball or what?
mark-s

Rdowney

Yes I frequently go to silver dollar speedway. This new image was done completely in illustrator cs3. I just use the pen tool wih a logitech mouse w/out one of those crappy balls. I just start at one end and work my way to the other. I spend alot of time with the wheels and tires, if those are'nt right it just won't look good.

GB2

Old Member
Very nice job Rob...I'm particularily interested in exactly how you created the blue circle pattern in the upper right and the dark gray shaded areas in the background. I don't imagine those were on the photo unless it was another graphic design you were using and not an actual photo but either way I'd like to know what process you used for those elements.

54warrior

Very nice job Rob...I'm particularily interested in exactly how you created the blue circle pattern in the upper right and the dark gray shaded areas in the background. I don't imagine those were on the photo unless it was another graphic design you were using and not an actual photo but either way I'd like to know what process you used for those elements.

me too!!!

Rdowney

That blue halftone is from go-media's arsenal http://gomedia.us/arsenal/ !!!! note sure if anybody will read this, since I pretty much dissapeared for a bit! but I have been a little busy. I have also been practicing a sh!t load drawing with a new pen tablet. the wacom cintiq http://www.wacom.com/cintiq/ its pricey but well worth it for what I do. you can probably see the difference in quality from the old design I posted to these new ones. It definetly helps speed up production, to bad I sold my race car to buy it!!!lol.:thankyou:

Attachments

• defiance-sprint.jpg
    defiance-sprint.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 115
  • midgetfull.jpg
    midgetfull.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 94

agunn

awesome job!!!...i saw you mentioned a tutorial earlier in your thread, any in-particular that helped you the most??

thanks in advance
adam