• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Funny thing going on in Photoshop. Help?

threeputt

When I copy and paste a photo (a simple .jpg) into a new document in PhotoShop (CS5) it pastes it in as a black and white.

What's happening to my color?

threeputt

Ok, the boxes that are checked there say: RGB color, and 8 bits/channel.

Are those the correct settings?

Letterbox Mike

Is it a new document or are you pasting it into an existing document? If an existing doc, are you pasting it under any other layers? What are the layer settings for the new layer? Is there an adjustment layer above it?

artbot

look up at the left hand corner of the file/window you are pasting into. does it say (Gray/8)? if you paste into this file, it will automatically convert you paste into grayscale. you have to convert the working file to rgb or cmyk, etc. image>mode>RGB color.

threeputt

Ok that worked. The new document for some reason had it's mode at grey scale. And 8bit/channel.

I've changed it to RGB and 16 bit/channel.

Are those good settings?

luggnut

I've changed it to RGB and 16 bit/channel.

most people use the 8bit settings... 16bit is good for prophoto and things but i don't think you can save as a jpg and some other limitations?