• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gentle but Firm - Please?

Justin

Thanks for the feedback all. I'm going to take a few days, and do some different things.. I'll report back! Thanks for the samples, and inspiration!

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
Thanks for the samples, and a design I'll be sure to use!

/fixed

just messin'

Justin

Thanks for the samples, and a design I'll be sure to use!

/fixed

just messin'

I'm not lying I'm kinda liking Rick's black/white circle. I'm thinking of trying the ribbon tails from the colored one on the b/w one...

Rick, would you mind telling me the font you used on the b/w one? Would you mind if I used that design?

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I'm not lying I'm kinda liking Rick's black/white circle. I'm thinking of trying the ribbon tails from the colored one on the b/w one...

Rick, would you mind telling me the font you used on the b/w one? Would you mind if I used that design?

The font is called Tanek, it might be difficult to find.

Usually I ask people to donate to the site if they are going to directly use the idea but it's such a simple design. You are more than welcome to use it, but it would be nice to supported the forum, I'll leave that to you with no pressure.

I was bored so I played with it more... obviously some of the ideas are lame, but when I flesh out ideas, I let everything drop out of my head.. good or bad.

Attachments

• dixon-2.jpg
    dixon-2.jpg
    542.9 KB · Views: 121

Justin

The font is called Tanek, it might be difficult to find.

Usually I ask people to donate to the site if they are going to directly use the idea but it's such a simple design. You are more than welcome to use it, but it would be nice to supported the forum, I'll leave that to you with no pressure.

I was bored so I played with it more... obviously some of the ideas are lame, but when I flesh out ideas, I let everything drop out of my head.. good or bad.

Thanks! I really appreciate it. I'm liking the black and white one the most because it's simpl, but feels elegant. I've been thinking of becoming premium, and I probably will sometime here.. I visit this place multiple times through the day, so it's worth it!

Kottwitz-Graphics

It's one thing to have people remember your name, but they need to at least know why they want to remember your name. It's called association. At least give the word 'SIGNS' a chance along with your name... size-wise.

One of the first things I learned was that unless everyone knows you, you must emphasize what you are offering.

Buy Dan A's books and study them. Get a subscription to signcraft mag.

Like the others have said, stickers are what you get out of the quarter machine at the grocery store.

Rick

feels elegant.

Elegant does not come to mind, it's too clunky and bold. I would say it's vintage, like your other attempts.

There is a really good book i use when they start using describing a look. They pick a look in the book, and you both know what to shoot for... kinda like a PMS book for graphic styles.

http://www.amazon.com/Graphically-S...2919/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334347106&sr=8-1

It's a good book for budding designers too. It gives you ideas on how to convey a certain look and keep it uniform.

ooops, and I forgot to add, definitely get a Signcraft subscription and Dans books...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Now, you know you've been the 'Circle King Pin' for a long time, so these kinda things should come second nature to you.............

I wouldn't expect anything less.................. )))

Rick

Now, you know you've been the 'Circle King Pin' for a long time, so these kinda things should come second nature to you.............

I wouldn't expect anything less.................. )))

It's gotten to the point where I try to avoid circles... but I can't seem to shake 'em.. circles are like crack to me...

Justin

Hey all,

I've decided to go with the basic circle I believe. I'm actually going to try make this dimensional, and to turn slowly, but also use it as my logo. I plan to also use Stickers N Signs.

I know some of you won't love the colors, but... I'ma do it.

Rick, I really love the font style you used, but I like what I found to use too. I can't really justify $50.00 for that 1 font so you know.. I love the black with pink, and I may use an idea like that down the road, or in some examples, marketing, or something.

So, here it is.

As you see there in the picture that's the dimensions I am going to make my actual sign for outside.

Thanks everyone, and please do still leave your comments on my "rendition".

Edit: Just want to add, I realize the circle is slightly larger then 24" now since I added stoke, and then expanded, it etc. When I actually start cutting wood/foam, or whichever material it will be cut correctly. :p
Also, I ordered some matching blue vinyl, and I plan to put this on some corrugated before I actually make my standing sign. I'll post pictures once I get the blue vinyl...

Attachments

• Logo.jpg
    Logo.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 92

Justin

Well.. I going to make it larger than what I previously said when I actually build it for outside. I prob will have a bunch of 24" round yard signs posted around though...

Justin

So, basically, you are going to intentionally confuse your brand......

Interesting approach...

:banghead:

Well, I guess.. I really like Sticker N Sign, but I want to use this logo/sign as my more "professional" style, and may drop Sticker N Sign sometime, but I like the flair it gives of people knowing exactly what it is, but yet with the whole N thing it's not really professional, imo.

Circleville Signs

The "N" thing isn't what makes it unprofessional. The "Sticker" is. Also what makes it unprofessional is the intentional confusion of a brand. The entire POINT of a brand is to be easily recognizable for who you are and what you do. People will LITERALLY think that there are two different companies out there.

You are showing a staggering lack of understanding regarding what branding is. It tells me that you shouldn't even be THINKING about doing brand or logo design work for other people....