• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber edge 1 question

Jburns

yes- you still have an element that is not converted to spot color in your design. Click View on toolbar, then View Filter- it will list the colors in your design- if you unclick your spot colors- only the RGB element will show. then either delete or change to spot color.

Even if I have nothing but spot colors in my design, it will still make me use each CMYK color to print the registration mark unless you make some changes in production manager. Either check the box that says "use spot colors only" or go in and de-select each process color before you send it to print. If you don't do one of those two things, it will ask for the process colors every time. Flexi is great but it's a little rough around the edges when it comes to running the Edge.

Jburns

oops! I stand corrected Sellers... I must have changed a setting in mine for reg marks... it always asks for black. :)

yamaha581

That's the problem. I did do all of that in flexi with changing the spot colors only and it still was asking. I also made sure there was no other colors besides the 3 I had listed. I didn't have the registration mark set to print so that couldn't have been it there. I will check again and see if it will work. I got it to work the first time so I know it's something I'm doing. Lol

yamaha581

It seems like the problem I am having is that for some reason the gerber is trying to redo a job I just did even though I am sending over a different job. I have shut it off and closed out of flexi multiple times but it is still asking me for apple green. The new design I have does not have green at all and I even unchecked it from the box so I am not sure why it is still asking. I made sure there were no jobs set to send in flexi and there is nothing so I can't figure out how to stop it from asking for that color.

It seems like the problem I am having is that for some reason the gerber is trying to redo a job I just did even though I am sending over a different job. I have shut it off and closed out of flexi multiple times but it is still asking me for apple green. The new design I have does not have green at all and I even unchecked it from the box so I am not sure why it is still asking. I made sure there were no jobs set to send in flexi and there is nothing so I can't figure out how to stop it from asking for that color.

I have had that problem also. Every once in a while my old Edge LE would "remember" a job if something went wrong and I aborted it, and it would try to print that same job over and over no matter what I sent to it. Letting it go through the motions and print it will clear it out, sometimes unplugging and letting it sit and closing production manager will work also.

yamaha581

Is there a certain way to delete the job from the actual printer? I haven't used this gerber for atleast two weeks and I tried printing today and it keeps trying to print the last job. I have let it print the job once and restarted everything probably a good 6 times and it still will not go to the new job that we are trying to print.

yamaha581

Open the spooler and terminate any jobs still in it.

Is that an option on the gerber, flexi or is that in my computer? That sounds familiar so I think I did read something about that but called it a night before getting any farther since it was driving me crazy. lol

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Is that an option on the gerber, flexi or is that in my computer? That sounds familiar so I think I did read something about that but called it a night before getting any farther since it was driving me crazy. lol

I'm referring to the Gerber spooler. It would be the equivalent of the Production Manager in Flexi or the print manager in Windows. In any of these if a job is seen as not completed then it will stay there and blocks any other job from reaching the device in question.

yamaha581

I'm referring to the Gerber spooler. It would be the equivalent of the Production Manager in Flexi or the print manager in Windows. In any of these if a job is seen as not completed then it will stay there and blocks any other job from reaching the device in question.

This may be a stupid question but is there a way to find that? I stopped the spooler and restarted it but it is still doing the same thing. I am not sure how to go in and actually delete jobs.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
This may be a stupid question but is there a way to find that? I stopped the spooler and restarted it but it is still doing the same thing. I am not sure how to go in and actually delete jobs.

Sorry but in re-reading the thread I see that you've chosen to use Flexi instead of Omega. My reference to the spooler was to what is called GQMgr in Omega. But since you are not using Omega, it is irrelevant. You should look for a job in Flexi Production Manager. If you find one or more, select each and terminate or delete each.

yamaha581

Sorry but in re-reading the thread I see that you've chosen to use Flexi instead of Omega. My reference to the spooler was to what is called GQMgr in Omega. But since you are not using Omega, it is irrelevant. You should look for a job in Flexi Production Manager. If you find one or more, select each and terminate or delete each.

I have done that and there is nothing in there. I guess I will just keep trying until it decides it wants to work for me. lol

yamaha581

I pretty much have the problem fixed I was having before from what I can see. My next question is that all the colors seem to print good but I went to print this blue medal and for some reason it is off a lot. There is not supposed to be any white so that is how much it is off. All the other colors print just about perfect though. Is there something we need to do differently for this color or do we need to calibrate the whole thing?

attachment.php

Attachments

• blue chrome.jpg
    blue chrome.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 172

signage

That registration issue is a known problem with the Gerber Edge when the amounts on each foil is different. This is caused by the foil feed motors and if you are running Omega 4 or 5 you can fix it with RegFixer I think that is what it is called!

Hielorojo

I pretty much have the problem fixed I was having before from what I can see. My next question is that all the colors seem to print good but I went to print this blue medal and for some reason it is off a lot. There is not supposed to be any white so that is how much it is off. All the other colors print just about perfect though. Is there something we need to do differently for this color or do we need to calibrate the whole thing?

attachment.php
Welcome to the Fabulous World of OMEGA/GERBER!!

Nelson Newbie

The OP is using Flexi to run his Edge and not Omega. As such he is far more likely to get less information because most Edge owners use Omega and far less Edge owners run from Flexi.

yamaha581

That registration issue is a known problem with the Gerber Edge when the amounts on each foil is different. This is caused by the foil feed motors and if you are running Omega 4 or 5 you can fix it with RegFixer I think that is what it is called!

Thank you! We are using Flexi though so I will check into that and see what I can come up with.