• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Edge Printhead Needed

Lew Hands

I'm after a printhead if anybody has one? Preferably with no dead pixels, but can live with one gone near top or bottom,
Thanks,
Lew

Titch Sanders

I'm after a printhead if anybody has one? Preferably with no dead pixels, but can live with one gone near top or bottom,
Thanks,
Lew
Hi Lew, did you get a print head? Reason I ask is that I am after another Edge myself, or, I have a spare that I thinking to try swapping the printhead...but is it that simple I wonder? Are you going to or have changed your print head?
Thanks,
Titch Sanders

FunkotronXL

It is a rather intensive process, not just a plug and play swap unfortunately. Plugging it in is the easy part.

Depending on the unit (legacy vs FX): screws need to be tightened in a particular order similar to doing a head gasket on a car; pressure springs with screws may need to be adjusted to align and balance the head to the platen on two axes (multiple steps, needs a specialty plastic guide at some point for one particular axis); each printhead has an ohm rating for resistance that corresponds to the amperage (maybe voltage) from the power supply (specialty chart to know the settings, somebody on here likely has it).

Have not done it personally, prefer not to. It is doable and others on here have pulled it off; not for the faint of heart.

Titch Sanders

I rather thought so....inevitably it's a very precise piece of equipment....I've now gone very faint hearted.. Is there anyone willing to help have a bash at doing this for me? I'm based Staffs/Shropshire border but obviously will travel.
I have another Edge that fires up OK, but will not 'initiate' as stated on the LCD.. used to be working in good order, but can't get any further than this.
Thanks for the reply so far,
Titch.

Lew Hands

I rather thought so....inevitably it's a very precise piece of equipment....I've now gone very faint hearted.. Is there anyone willing to help have a bash at doing this for me? I'm based Staffs/Shropshire border but obviously will travel.
I have another Edge that fires up OK, but will not 'initiate' as stated on the LCD.. used to be working in good order, but can't get any further than this.
Thanks for the reply so far,
Titch.

Hi Titch,
yes I acquired another Edge with a working head and swapped them over, took 10 minutes! All works perfectly now. The Ohm numbers were very similar so I took a risk and tried it and it works fine, although I think I have the info on how to adjust the machine to suit the different ohms of the print head.

Lewis

Titch Sanders

Hi Titch,
yes I acquired another Edge with a working head and swapped them over, took 10 minutes! All works perfectly now. The Ohm numbers were very similar so I took a risk and tried it and it works fine, although I think I have the info on how to adjust the machine to suit the different ohms of the print head.

Lewis
Lewis,
you are obviously braver than me!! It would be interesting to find out this info.. meanwhile, I do have another edge that won't start up..this wants looking at too...
Maybe you'd be kind enough to let me know if you find the info on the head though..?
Thank You again,
Titch

Jase

I have a printhead with a blown pixel at the bottom. Have a new replacement being fitted shortly. I can email you some prints if you are still after a replacement?

Titch Sanders

Hi Jase,
good of you to reply to this. To be perfectly honest, thanks to certain member on here, we have fixed the issue with mine, however, Lew may still want one. Try sending a pm to him?
Titch Sanders