• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Edge Problem

We just move into our new shop and I am having a problem with our Edge ( Bought new in 2002 ) . When I send a job to be printed I get a error message that reads ( Out dated parallel port devise driver, obtain a new version). The system was working fine at the old shop. Everything that goes to the plotter works fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Tom

Tony Teveris

The message refers to the WarpNine parallel driver Gerber uses to communicate to the Edge. The current version of that driver should be 4.6.0.0 and you can verify by bring up GQMgr's about box dialog.

What I do not understand is you imply that nothing changed on the PC. If true I do not know why this is happening.

We have the same computer and software for the Gerber that we were running at our old shop with the exception of some new software for our Epson GS6000. The Epson is running on a ethernet cable and has a static IP address. All of which was setup by our vendor when the the Epson arrived. Thanks, Tom