• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber GS15 plus won't boot up...Help if you can.

roborizino

I have a gerber gs15+ and it has served me well for 22 years. Recently, I went to plot something and when i turned it on, the fan came on but not the beeps or the little clunk of the head checking itself. I can see that the fan runs directly from the AC, but I can't find the fuses. the users guide says that the fuses are between the on-off switch and the female part of the AC plug-in. I can't see or find any fuses. I have scoured the web hoping to fix this issue, but here i am, heart in hand, hoping for a smart person to bail me out of this ...Thankyou in advance. Rob Orizino in NY

I have a gerber gs15+ and it has served me well for 22 years. Recently, I went to plot something and when i turned it on, the fan came on but not the beeps or the little clunk of the head checking itself. I can see that the fan runs directly from the AC, but I can't find the fuses. the users guide says that the fuses are between the on-off switch and the female part of the AC plug-in. I can't see or find any fuses. I have scoured the web hoping to fix this issue, but here i am, heart in hand, hoping for a smart person to bail me out of this ...Thankyou in advance. Rob Orizino in NY

Rob,

According to my user manual (pages 53 & 54) you need to remove the power and data cords. There is a small notch on the right edge of the black plastic plate on the power port. Insert a flat blade screwdriver into the notch and pry open. You should now be able to see the light gray fuse carriers. Remove one at a time and note the white arrows that points downward as do the arrows on the black plastic plate. Examine each fuse and replace the blown one with a new one of the same type and rating in the same place. Reinstall each carrier with the arrow pointing downward and insert all the way. Close the black plastic plate. Reattach the power cord and data cable. Turn on the power.
I hope this solves your problem.

Steve

roborizino

Fuse issue and won't boot Gerber GS15+

Steve,

Dumm as I am I did finally see where the fuses are. Kinda weird the way they did it, but anyways, there is only one fuse in the machine, but 2 fuse holders. The holder on the bottom contains a slo blow fuse, looks perfect. I am the only one who have used this plotter, so that means it has always only had the one fuse. Here's a question....Being that the fan spins even tho the plotter won't boot up, does that point to my next procedure? Perhaps the power supply? I wish I could get my hands on a service manual, but can't find one, so I am at the mercy of some kind hearted expert who can this tired old man. THANK YOU and Happy 2014 Rob Orizino Call 727 2245 in area code 315 or drop me a message

Rob,
but aft
I would go ahead and change the fuse out anyway since you've gotten this far. After that I would contact: theplotterdoctor.com and see what he thinks. He does repairs on Gerber and other plotters.

Steve

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Rob,

I left a message on your phone, but I'll be out this evening. Here's a .pdf manual for a GS15+. It's essentially the same machine except that it has the KMS feature. It should work for what you're doing. They're also available on the Gerber web site.

PM me your email address....it's not loading on this thread.

Jim