• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber GSX Plotter USB issue

D-Kal

Hello, Everyone

I recently upgraded to Omega 5 and had to switch everything over to USB due to my PC.

I got my Edge Printing, but am having an issue with the plotter it wont communicate it gave me this error.

Please Refer to attachment, Tks

Attachments

• IMG_0911.jpg
    IMG_0911.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 89

D-Kal

Contacted Gerber they want be to register my product before they can help

Sounds Crazy, but I guess Ill do it tonight :noway:

idsignsil

Were you running it as a serial connection before? If this is the case then you need to purchase the correct serial to usb converter that is approved by Gerber. I bought some from Radio Shack and they did not work. Had to order the correct ones from Advantage Sign Supply I think, it has been a while.

If this is the problem, do a search, I have discussed this on here before.

D-Kal

Yup, I got the converter from Advantage, and the USB one for my printer the printer one is fine.

But the Gerber one that's connected to the plotter is giving me that error code....

D-Kal

WOW, Gerber is giving me such a hard-time :banghead:

Is there a Gerber Representative on this site that could help me :frustrated:

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
WOW, Gerber is giving me such a hard-time :banghead:

Is there a Gerber Representative on this site that could help me :frustrated:

When we ordered our new PC, we had a serial card installed just for this very reason.

Hang in there. I'm sure Tony will be along shortly. He's always been helpful for us.

JB