• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Omega 4.0.0.1165 refresh-redraw problem

JRgraphics

When I'm working with Composer in Omega 4.0 I notice that whenever I open a file or zoom in - zoom out Omega redraws the screen multiple times. It's annoying to have it redraw more than necessary:frustrated:. Is it the software or the computer doing this? Other programs are not doing this. What's the problem?

JR.

Windows 7 pro 32bit
Omega 4.0

Tony Teveris

JR if possible do you have the Gerber app PERU installed? If you do it would help if you submitted a PERU report with some of the files that show the problem and maybe give a little more detail of how this occurs. A number of us have tried it here and we do not see the problem. Has any Omega 4.0 user out there seen this?

JRgraphics

Redraw - refresh problem update

First thing in the morning, I tried to get one of the problem files to do it, but the redraw - refresh worked fine. During the day more programs are started and remain loaded, so by 2 pm I have 6 or more programs running at once. That's when windows shows the ram memory is less than half of the 3.5 gig that Windows 7 32 bit gives you. With less than 1.6 gigs of ram memory the redraw problem reappears. It's really evident when 8 or so .jpeg pictures are loaded onto one file in Composer. If you have 10 files open on Composer the redraw problem shows up on the vector files too.

Does Composer use both ram memory and page file (virtual) memory for the redraw - refresh routine if there's not enough ram? Any thoughts on this?:thankyou:

Tony Teveris

Ram memory is used mostly, the page file is used by the OS and we have no control over when it's used. If it happens mostly or at all only when there are a lot of jpegs loaded that is something I can look into but not asap.