• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gerber Omega 5.0 Demo

D-Kal

Hello, Everyone

I recently acquired a Gerber Edge had one before but this one is newer but it still came with Omega 1.54 , so I been messing around with a Demo of Omega 5.0.

When I import a Illustrator AI file, I get a Grey background does any body know why?

How can I change it too white?

MaxiKyle

Under Tools>Options>Palletes+Colors

Should be able to change the background color to whatever you want.

D-Kal

Under Tools>Options>Palletes+Colors

Should be able to change the background color to whatever you want.

Thanks I figured it out I had the wireframe option off,

No my background is white but the colors of the artwork don't show, I have a feeling am probably still doing something wrong?

J Hill Designs

No my background is white but the colors of the artwork don't show, I have a feeling am probably still doing something wrong?

wireframe won't show colors. just the 'wireframe' of the art

the 'grey' background is just fluff when in filled view mode, most likely so you can see white vinyl

D-Kal

Okay turned the wireframe off, got my colors back

But now on the bottom they changed from spot to CYMk and I went in the palette option and changed it to white but I still have a gray background :banghead:

MaxiKyle

By pressing F8 it flips between filled/wireframe. Still not sure if this is what you are after.

J Hill Designs

Okay turned the wireframe off, got my colors back

But now on the bottom they changed from spot to CYMk and I went in the palette option and changed it to white but I still have a gray background :banghead:

possibly 2 shapes on top of each other, thereby cancelling each other out, and showing the default grey

J Hill Designs

in 1.56 its tools -> options -> vinyl tab - default background color

but its default grey for a reason -- so you can see white vinyl elements

D-Kal

in 1.56 its tools -> options -> vinyl tab - default background color

but its default grey for a reason -- so you can see white vinyl elements

Thanks that makes since as it is being printed on white vinyl.

Am on Omega 5.0 Demo

How do I change back to spot colors?

J Hill Designs

since its a vector object, tools -> images -> x will do nothing, its not an image

you have to select each vector component and choose colors from your palletes to the left

D-Kal

Great that worked but my colors are to the right,

It chnage the color to the spot colors but the CYMK colors are still there with the spot color, will this effect anything?

J Hill Designs

Great that worked but my colors are to the right,

It chnage the color to the spot colors but the CYMK colors are still there with the spot color, will this effect anything?

hard to tell. Im starting to have trouble wrapping my brain around what you are trying to accomplish and/or working with

D-Kal

hard to tell. Im starting to have trouble wrapping my brain around what you are trying to accomplish and/or working with

Sorry,

am just practicing on Omega 5.0 so I figured out how to import AI files.
And Know I imported a new file and the colors changed to CYMK,

The Gerber Spot colors are perfect for what am doing.

J Hill Designs

Sorry,

am just practicing on Omega 5.0 so I figured out how to import AI files.
And Know I imported a new file and the colors changed to CYMK,

The Gerber Spot colors are perfect for what am doing.

personally, I would start learning by designing within omega - get the basics down of foil selection, cut/not cut, knockout, overprint, etc

before trying to import and do all that