• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GIF with transparent background?

Colin

I used to be able to make the b/g transparent upon exporting as a GIF in v12, but it doesn't seem to be working in X5. What am I missing? I have "Transparency" checked.

Roto

I used to be able to make the b/g transparent upon exporting as a GIF in v12, but it doesn't seem to be working in X5. What am I missing? I have "Transparency" checked.

Seems to be working here using X5

Roto

Attachments

• Untitled-1.gif
    Untitled-1.gif
    4.9 KB · Views: 56

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Working here too Colin.
Are you exporting out of Draw or PhotoPaint?
I used the default "Export for Web" out of draw and it set the white background to transparent without changing any options.

wayne k
guam usa

Colin

Are you exporting out of Draw or PhotoPaint?

Draw.

I used the default "Export for Web" out of draw and it set the white background to transparent without changing any options.

I tried that, as well as the regular old "Export".

When I then Import the file into CorelDraw, it isn't transparent.

Colin

I figured it out. The fill of the box I draw around the text/graphic needs to have a "no-fill" as opposed to white or a color.

Thanks.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
I was just going to suggest that. I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago. Finally figured it out in a dream at 3am.

Colin

In 12 I used to be able to give the box a fill of color, and then select that color with the eydropper tool in the Export window, and make that transparent. That doesn't seem to work in X5, unless I'm missing some little step.