• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Going with a new look ...

grafixemporium

Heath's design in post #13 is the best thing in this thread. I totally agree with his statement on the horizontal and stacked treatments of the graphic. Having the word "RED" in red really makes the logo stand out in the crowd. Great job Heath.

Whatever you do, don't add a drop shadow to this logo. A clean, corporate looking bold logo like this would never have a drop shadow.

Redwave Signs

I appreciate all the ideas ... Heath awesome idea!

Still working on finding the correct fonts.

Attachments

• REDWAVE.jpg
    REDWAVE.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 86

Jillbeans

...I preferred your original font, that one is difficult to read.
I'd put the wave thingy on the other side to balance it out.

JERHEMI

The great thing about logos with icons is that you can set standards for displaying the icon around the text to use in both a vertical and horizontal layouts. This allows you to have a strong, consistent, and versatile image no matter the medium.

I agree 100%, and this concept looks great!

GVP

The graphics just doesn't say 'wave' to me. For some reason, Klingons come to mind...

Attachments

• batleth.jpg
    batleth.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 88

Tiki

Font Sage
Flip the wave maybe try upper & lower case :smile:

Attachments

• redwave2.jpg
    redwave2.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

Jillbeans

Middle right. Subcopy as in top left.
But make sure all your italics have the same degree of slant.
Just a personal pet peeve.

grafixemporium

I agree with Jillbeans, middle right is the closest thing you've got to good so far.

On that logo...

The "signs and design" font look squashed. You should never stretch or squash a font to the point where it is noticeable. Also, "signs and design" is not visually centered under Redwave. Sometimes clicking on the center button just doesn't do it. You need to tweak those words over to the left a bit.

Other than that, I'm not completely digging your font selection for Redwave. I could live with it, but I still think you should just roll with Heath's idea. Of everythiong proposed so far, Heath's reads the best as a thumbnail. That says a lot.

Lastly, you gotta ditch the medieval star trek looking torture device "wave" graphic. It doesn't really look like a wave at all. It detracts from the otherwise corporate and professional feel to your logo. Try something a little less extreme... but don't go beachy like some of the other logo ideas suggested.

Salmoneye

To step away from the logo for a second and think about what the name brings to mind. The first thing I thought of was dead bodies washing up on the beach and the waves running red with blood like in WW2 or something. The other thing that came to mind was red tide, something that makes you sick, or "Hey, once your business uses us you will be awash in a wave of red ink". In a lot of western cultures red symbolizes anger or hostility. On second thought there are folks using skulls in their logos so this might be a mute point.
I am really not trying to talk smack here. I think that name is interesting but now is the time to think about what it makes others feel that don't know you yet. I love my name but it says nothing to my customers, it was a dumb personal move but now we have identity and I don't care to change it. I hope that this was food for thought at least. No matter what your choice, I wish you well in your full time endeavor.