• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gold mirror question

RG

I have not used gold mirror very much. But, I have read that it will not hold up for outdoor use, like stickers for vehicle windows. Is that true? I will print on Oracal 651. If I laminate it with Oracal 210 overlaminate, will the gold mirror then last a few years outdoors? Thanks for any input!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I have not used gold mirror very much. But, I have read that it will not hold up for outdoor use, like stickers for vehicle windows. Is that true? I will print on Oracal 651. If I laminate it with Oracal 210 overlaminate, will the gold mirror then last a few years outdoors? Thanks for any input!

I can't say whether that will help or not. I'm pretty sure the rating is indoor use because the gold will fade to silver in a very short time. If I were doing it, I would print Gerber Transparent Gold on VinylFX durable Silver film and would expect 3 to 5 year durable results.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
I've printed it on vinyl then clear coated it.
It lasted about 3 years on a vehicle in NJ. Laminate should do the same...