• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec CE5000-60 unwanted cut

edward101

Hi!
Bought this cutter month ago. Works just fine.
But recently I noticed, that after job is done, there is one cut that is looks like some kind of plotter defect. I do lettering jobs. I tried different files, sizes and dimensions. Cutter always leave this "mark" on 1 object. Can please someone direct me on possible cause of this.
I use Graphtec Studio.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 204
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 103

cmoist

Thats the small initial cut it makes to align the blade in the correct direction. Look in the manual. You can set it to make that cut at a specified position as opposed to near the start of the artwork.

Blade-Tip Initial Position Setting
The cutter blade is placed on the medium to orient it after the power is turned on or the cutter-pen condi-
tions are set. This is referred to as “initializing” the cutter blade.
This function sets the “Blade-Tip Initial Position” for this operation.
When 2 mm is selected, initial blade control is performed at a position 2 mm below the cutting start posi-
tion.
When OUTSIDE is selected, initial blade control is performed outside of the effective cutting/plotting area.
(The default setting is 2 mm.)

Page 100

edward101

Thats the small initial cut it makes to align the blade in the correct direction. Look in the manual. You can set it to make that cut at a specified position as opposed to near the start of the artwork.

Blade-Tip Initial Position Setting
The cutter blade is placed on the medium to orient it after the power is turned on or the cutter-pen condi-
tions are set. This is referred to as “initializing” the cutter blade.
This function sets the “Blade-Tip Initial Position” for this operation.
When 2 mm is selected, initial blade control is performed at a position 2 mm below the cutting start posi-
tion.
When OUTSIDE is selected, initial blade control is performed outside of the effective cutting/plotting area.
(The default setting is 2 mm.)

Page 100

Thank you. Problem solved. There is even information about this in Troubleshooting part of manual..

Basri

My Graphtec CE5000-60 doesn't work properly. It displays weird symbols when starts and pen/cutter carriage doesn't move as usually. Anybody can help me in this matter?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-08-03 at 10.41.09 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-08-03 at 10.41.09 AM.jpeg
    95.1 KB · Views: 80
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-08-03 at 10.41.10 AM (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-08-03 at 10.41.10 AM (1).jpeg
    119.6 KB · Views: 78
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-08-03 at 10.41.10 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-08-03 at 10.41.10 AM.jpeg
    122.4 KB · Views: 104

Pugamom

Hi! First time to the forum. I saw you had a CE5000-60. I came across one in great condition but having an issue in sending my files from Cadworx to the graphtec to cut it. What software do you use to do this? I’ve tried to use vector cut but this machine is old and doesn’t seem supported any more. Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!