• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec CE6000-120 or FC8600-130

kffernandez

hi all!

i'm currently looking at these 2 models for my contour cut jobs, and i need input from those experienced users on which is more applicable for my needs. [the FC is 2x the price of the CE around here] from what i've read, summa is the best one in the market, but it appears that we don't have a local distributor for summa. we do, however have a local distributor for graphtec.

i've been in the business for 5 years now, and i used to process all my contour cuts through my Roland SC-540. but it is starting to show its age - and the cuts aren't as consistent now. i have a new HP L310. so, i hope to be able to print from both my roland and HP, and then cut using a new graphtec.

i usually print on avery mpi3000 vinyl + laminate then cut. [small labels of approx 2"x2" x 1000 pcs ave.] i also cut quite a bit of Avery 500 series colored films [each panel might reach 10ft] and generic frosted/dusted stickers. [large panels as well]

my question is. would i be ok with the CE? or do i need to double my investment and go with the FC? i've always had this hit and miss relationship with my roland print /cut. from my experience with my roland, it is very normal to have cuts that are inconsistently 0.05" - 0.10" off... and this is for a set of labels that occupy just approx 4ft x 2ft per set. i would seriously prefer not to go through the next 5 years experiencing the same headaches.

i would love to be able to reliably read registration marks [even through lamination], have consistently sell-able contoured cut labels, and not have to pray to the print gods that my media doesn't track when i cut very large panels. [6-10ft].

any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance!

kelly

Dennis422

CE is a good machine, I used to have a CE5000-60 and then I switched to FC8600-130.
Obvious reason is a size. Why that one? I print on 54" material and I want to be able to cut that big. CE was missing 10cm in size.
As far as if CE can do it, of course it can. 400g of downforce is enough for 90% of the work. If you will be cutting reflective, then you would need a FC model.

Other than that, the cutter looks a bit nicer and sturdier, comes with a catch basket standard and it cuts thicker stuff. That is mainly the difference between CE and FC.

Good luck

kffernandez

400g of downforce is enough for 90% of the work. If you will be cutting reflective, then you would need a FC model.

Other than that, the cutter looks a bit nicer and sturdier, comes with a catch basket standard and it cuts thicker stuff. That is mainly the difference between CE and FC.

the sales agent i talked to also recommended the CE since i rarely work with reflective media. but i really needed a confirmation from users just to be sure.
but how about registration mark/cut accuracy and tracking? does this mean that they pretty much perform relatively the same?

thanks dennis! i really appreciate the input.

kelly

Dennis422

When I had CE, I did not contour cut much.
I believe FC has a better "eye" than a CE, but not 100% sure.

Few times I did it, CE did OK. But that was only 60cm cutter and the prints were not that big.
On FC, the biggest decals I cut were 10' long (305 cm long) and 4' wide (122cm) with no issues or tracking problems.

You are welcome.

thabeger

I just got a CE version and I see next to the cutting strip is the channel for the perf cutting but the CE does not have the extended blade holder to use it. I am really loving this machine. I do have questions but figuring it out quickly. I really like how the Graphtec has the optical eye that goes down on the media. I think this really helps eliminate read errors. Just be sure to set the optical eye to the settings listed on the support secion of the website if you are using laminate. You need to increase the sensitivity.

What I will say is that the CE version is deadly accurate. Spot on every time cuts on the same line. Trust me I double fed a sheet of material on accident and obviously cut through but there was not another line even close to the original line even though it read the registration marks twice.

I would check online before making a purchase. Mine locally was a little over $1700 for a CE6000-60 and I bought the one I have now on Amazon for $1500.