• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec Contour Off FC8600 with Glossy Laminant.

Coachdon

Hello Everyone, I love this site so much information and helpful people. I have question I just was blessed with Graphtec FC8600-100 great condition with 5 rollers for a great price from a company that bought another company and they had no need because they had flatbeds. My Question my Contours are WAY OFF when I use glossy Laminant. Without Lam its perfect. I have Flexi 21 and Mutoh VJ-1324.

Things I done so far and got from the Boards and Private Messages.

1. Use Matte Scotch Tape over Reg Marks. (Better Now First rows are off now)
2. Optical Sensor Offset (Its Perfect).
3. Turned Overhead Lights off.

What am I missing? It Definitely has something to do with glossy laminant but how do I fix it?

Thanks
Coach Don

Attachments

• PrintLaminant.jpeg
    PrintLaminant.jpeg
    375.2 KB · Views: 175

pjfmeister

you can calibrate the plotter to read the specific material you are having problems with.
Media sensor setup
Turn on Sensor Adjust
Menu/Arms/Sensor Adjust/ Select 1 to scan
Print with standard type 1 marks to calibrate

pjfmeister

Also check your pinch rollers to make sure they are set right.....your problem looks more like the media may be slipping
If your calibration is off it would most likely not cut at all or fail to read a few of the marks

Coachdon

Hey Buddy!! I have 5 pinch rollers outside heavy and middle medium! Works perfect with NO laminate! So I need to print and laminate the material with registration marks and then run the Sensor Test with the material! I done offset sensor test and it was Perfect

Also check your pinch rollers to make sure they are set right.....your problem looks more like the media may be slipping
If your calibration is off it would most likely not cut at all or fail to read a few of the marks

Goatshaver

Just a different sensor and updated ARMS for sensing marks. Might have to adjust the sensor level for that material.
You said you got this from someone else so maybe do a reset to factory defaults to make sure you're starting from a base if you can't get any adjustments to work.

Coachdon

Just a different sensor and updated ARMS for sensing marks. Might have to adjust the sensor level for that material.
You said you got this from someone else so maybe do a reset to factory defaults to make sure you're starting from a base if you can't get any adjustments to work.

Thanks I done reset, then done sensor adjust with the laminate material, cut the lights down and it Worked hmmmm thanks everyone for the suggestions! Hopefully this will keep working