• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec Plotter encoder strip cleaning

TheSignKid

Hey Yall. Ive been having issues with my graphtec fc8600 some times teo identical files will cut different withing an 1/8th inch. My thought is to clean the encoder strip. however im having a hard time finding it or any good recources to show where the strip for this machine is. ive cleaned the one on my printer before but thats very differentany one have any hints

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Cutters don't have a linear encoder like printers do and depending on the manufacturer, it may not have one at all. If there is one, it's a disc inside the motor. Your issue is more likely an alignment issue or a failing part.

TheSignKid

Cutters don't have a linear encoder like printers do and depending on the manufacturer, it may not have one at all. If there is one, it's a disc inside the motor. Your issue is more likely an alignment issue or a failing part.
like a roller or loose drive belt?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
like a roller or loose drive belt?
Yeah something like that or maybe a bad cut strip or blade holder. There are usually alignments that can be done too. If you are print/cutting, there's an alignment for adjusting the position of the cut but also there is usually one that adjusts repeatability as well. Unfortunately I don't work a lot with the Graphtecs but most cutters have those things.