• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec vs Vinyl Express Q54

I am Considering purchasing a Vinyl Express Q54 (As Part of a Package)

I have been going back and forth with a Few Different Companies and this is Part of a Package (Printer, Cutter & Lam) and I think the Deal is exactly what I am looking.

One of the Sales Reps I was speaking with Claims it is Junk - But I am not sold to it either way - I have my Eyes and Ears Perked because I dislike Sales Reps that Talk bad about other Suppliers or Products because a Product should sell it self, I just want to make a Purchase that is Smart for my Business and Since I am New I can Only go by others Recommendations and the experiences they are willing to Share.

the Place I am considering purchasing it from Says It is the Same Exact Machine as the Graphtec FC8600 with 2 Main Differences, the Cutting Force is 100 grams Less & it doesn't have the Basket on the Q54

The Claims that the Machines are identical other than the 2 Differences noted above, They claims they Are Manufactured by Graphtec in the Same Factory and Side by Side they Look Identical

Any knowledge you Can Share about this Machines would be Great

Sign Warehouse has OEM'd Graphtec FC-Series cutting plotters for many years. The fact is that the Q-Series are identical hardware devices as the Graphtec FC Series machines, media baskets notwithstanding.

They are not the same in all respects however. First and foremost, the Q-Series are sold and supported exclusively by Sign Warehouse, where the Graphtec FC Series are sold by resellers across the country (and the world), and are also supported by Graphtec America in the US market.

You cannot contact the manufacturer of the equipment (Graphtec) with a support question if you purchase the Q-Series machine. Your sole point of contact for sales and support is Sign Warehouse.

Next, there are different firmware versions on each machine (FC versus Q), and this can affect what drivers can be used, what plug-in programs are available etc. For example, the Cutting Master plug-in works with the FC, but I have been told that it's not compatible with the Q (though I cannot say that based on experience).

It is important to understand that there are reasons why the Q is less expensive than the FC machine, and these are some of the reasons.

Well I don't have anything High End to begin with currently, I have Some low Price Plotter for the Last 7 Years or So, and they have served Very Well.

I get that their would be Minor Differences but that is all that they Seem like to me - Nothing Major from what I can tell

my Concern was that one of the Other Sales reps i have been speaking to claimed they where not really white labeled Graphtec's, And I was looking to Find out if it was True or Not - I figured the Sales Rep was just trying to make the Sale and Bad Mouthing the competitors but it sounds like it's worth the $3200 Savings (54 in Printer, Flexi Sign Pro, Cutter & Laminator package) to go with what Sign Warehouse is Offering based off this Information :smile:

Sign Warehouse has OEM'd Graphtec FC-Series cutting plotters for many years. The fact is that the Q-Series are identical hardware devices as the Graphtec FC Series machines.

They are not the same in all respects however. First and foremost, the Q-Series are sold and supported exclusively by Sign Warehouse, where the Graphtec FC Series are sold by resellers across the country (and the world), and are also supported by Graphtec America in the US market.

The fact is that you cannot contact the manufacturer of the equipment (Graphtec) with a support question if you purchase the Q-Series machine, your sole point of contact is Sign Warehouse.

Next, there are different firmware versions on each machine (FC versus Q), and this can affect what drivers can be used, what plug-in programs are available etc. It is important to understand that there are reasons why the Q is less expensive than the FC machine, and these are some of the reasons.

strypguy

I have a Q30 and have been very happy with it. I never owned a Graphtec to compare it to so I wouldn't know what the differences would be. John

rjssigns

You can get a Summa D140 for 5 grand. They also have a trade in promotion going on right now. Summa's are built like tanks. Haven't killed ours yet.(roughly 15 years)

SignProPlus-Chip

How much is this entire package "deal"?

Hunt around, look on eBay, craiglist, and the buy/sell forum here. You can likely outfit your shop for pennies on the dollar.

We have a Graphtec FC7000-75 we purchased for a fraction of the cost.

Our barely used HP Latex L26500 was less than a third of retail and came with extra ink and print heads.

Then we have our 60" Ledco laminator, shipped from a sign company that was going OOB in MA.

All totaled our equipment cost less than 9k.

You waited this long, poke around, look for deals and make sure to verify condition before you buy. We continually do this and have gotten great deals, most recently a 100 watt Epilogue laser and an Arete for fabricating channel letters. Both used, in good condition and at about 1o% or their cost.

The Deal I am Looking at has:

1. Mutoh 1324 54in Eco Solvent Printer
2. VEQ54 Cutter - 54 In.
3. Enduralam 55in Cold
4. Mutoh Ink Starter Kit & Cleaning Kit
5. Flexi Sign Pro USB
6. 3 Rolls of Media

Shipped to me in San Diego for around $17k (which includes a $5000 trade in for my old machine)

You can get a Summa D140 for 5 grand. They also have a trade in promotion going on right now. Summa's are built like tanks. Haven't killed ours yet.(roughly 15 years)

How much is this entire package "deal"?

Hunt around, look on eBay, craiglist, and the buy/sell forum here. You can likely outfit your shop for pennies on the dollar.

We have a Graphtec FC7000-75 we purchased for a fraction of the cost.

Our barely used HP Latex L26500 was less than a third of retail and came with extra ink and print heads.

Then we have our 60" Ledco laminator, shipped from a sign company that was going OOB in MA.

All totaled our equipment cost less than 9k.

You waited this long, poke around, look for deals and make sure to verify condition before you buy. We continually do this and have gotten great deals, most recently a 100 watt Epilogue laser and an Arete for fabricating channel letters. Both used, in good condition and at about 1o% or their cost.