• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Greeting From Lawrence, KS

collapseTonight

Hello All,

I’ve been in the sign business for almost 6 years. I started at a small Mom & Pop style vinyl based store offering the usual products: banners, vehicle lettering, magnets, and the like. My aunt owned the small shop and provided me with a job when I moved away from home to go to college at 18 years old. I relocated in Lawrence, Kansas home of the Jayhawks and have been in this great town for the last six years. My aunt sold the business she created from the ground up after ten years and I accompanied the sale to new owners.

After the transition process I left that store and have been working at the local Sign-A-Rama for the last six months. Digital printing was not a service we provided at my previous job, and I have been lucky enough to find myself in a situation where I could learn from a superior who had almost two decades of digital printing experience. However, he has moved on to a new job and I’m in my first role as production manager. I’m looking forward to the future and hope to continue to tune my skills. I’ll be finishing my BA in the Spring semester and plan on continuing to work in the sign industry, but possibly relocating if I can find the right fit in another community.

I’ve been lurking on these forums for about a week now, but have decided to begin posting. There seems to be an undeniable amount of knowledge floating about these cyber halls, and I hope to continue to broaden my knowledge base while offering help or perspective when I can.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Go KU!

CollapseTonight

nbarrett

Welcome! I am in Emporia and there are a few on here from Topeka. Let us know if you have any questions.

Nate

collapseTonight

Welcome! I am in Emporia and there are a few on here from Topeka. Let us know if you have any questions.

Nate

Good to know. Nice to have a few Kansans on board. I have two cousins whom go to school at Emporia State and a few high school friends who graduated from there.

PMG

:Welcome: from St.Louis.....are you near Baxter Springs? That town sounds familiar........i use to stay down in Baxter every other week for a few years.