• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

greetings from michigan

Names Chris Lowell, I live and work out of the Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti area. I've been in the sign industry for 13 years... Always was curious about decals and stickers since I was really young. My first experience with a plotter was a super old gerber system 15" in vocad in high school. After school I first worked for a chain of sign shops called American Sign Shop. I then started my own small sticker and motocross jersey name printing business where I would go around to different states and make and sell the products at the track. This worked very well until the technology of the digital printer (roland pc-60) became too old and profits were dwindleing because of the high cost of running such a machine. I then started steering towards vehicle graphics and signs for my community.

I am a part of the Saline chamber of commerce. I currently own a roland sp-300 (unoperational at the moment) Ioline super 88 30", a coda 44" laminator. I outsource most of my digital printing and cnc machine work because of the high cost and faulty economic hardships that have come to Michigan. I am now looking into new ways and technologies to produce specialized cases for audio electronics. If you are specialized in or thinks this might be something you can do I'm looking to produce aluminum cases with wooden ends like the old synthesisers of the past.

Cheers,

Chris Lowell
Lowell Sign Design

Last edited: