• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Grommets and Coro Question ?

Mosh

mullet.jpg

Longnecks are too long for coro. Use less pressure.

gnatt66

on my hiker press i just adjust the spacing till it just barely 'catches' and does the job...hardly any compression.

Attachments

• DSC_0123 [].JPG
    DSC_0123 [].JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 124
  • DSC_0126 [].JPG
    DSC_0126 [].JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 106
  • DSC_0124 [].JPG
    DSC_0124 [].JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 106

sfr table hockey

Longnecks are too long for coro. Use less pressure.

Thanks for the pic and info.

I can get the regular #2 grommets to work in plain 4mm coro but if there was much more thickness added ( as was said by replicator) I can see how there would be not much of the grommet getting rounded over for holding power.

907customs

I use my stimson with standard lenght #2 grommets in Coro with no crushing, just adjust the stop so it can't physically close that far.

jiarby

Maybe you need to call JRE and upgrade your green monster to one that has an adjustable die... Mine is the same HIKER already posted (from Fellers). The standard #2 grommies barely grip at 4mm and could tear out but we only do a few a month that way (same with fome & 3/16 gator) One with a slightly longer neck would be perfect

gabagoo

personally I dont care if it crimps the corner a little on a coro sign cause after all it is a cheap coro sign. Naturally I try upselling them to pvc other wise, this is how you get it. Not worth the sweat of stocking to many types of gromets.

anotherdog

You need a spacer to stop the crush. something like a short metal rod 4mm long, placed on the centre of the press when you put the lower ring on. That will stop the last 4mm of travel that crushes. I find there is enough grip to hold, especially when doing real estate riders.

gabagoo

You need a spacer to stop the crush. something like a short metal rod 4mm long, placed on the centre of the press when you put the lower ring on. That will stop the last 4mm of travel that crushes. I find there is enough grip to hold, especially when doing real estate riders.

but if you put something in the way then the grommet does not fully shut on itself and then you get one of the 2 pieces falling off.