• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Hanging Signs

lkt1954

Our high school is wanting to replace hanging accomplishment banner (i.e.- football playoff accomplishments) for all the sports, with something that looks and last better than banners.
There would be lettered with RTV and updated as needed.
I'm thinking expanded PVC sheets in either 3 or 6mm.
Hang them from the ceiling, take down, add new accomplishments, re hang.
Any thoughts or other suggestions?

Thanks
Larry

lkt1954

Finally moving forward with this project and I have one last question.
I have priced both gatorboard and ultraboard and the ultraboard is less expensive than gatorboard.
My question is gatorboard that much of a better product or are you just paying for the brand name?

Thanks

Billct2

I only use Gatorboard, all the other foam materials I've tried weren't as rugged.
I'd get a sample of both and compare

JBurton

Signtologist
Ultraboard used to produce all the flat materials walmart uses inside their stores, fwiw. (Anymore I couldn't say, someone really shook things up and shut down the sign company a couple years ago and all of their exterior signage has gone to injection molded garbage.)

lkt1954

Two final questions on this subject:
1) Is 1/2" gatorboard overkill and would 3/16" work?
2) Instead of grommets what can I use to put through the gatorboard for them to put carabiner clips through?

Thanks

Gino

Premium Subscriber
1/2" would be my choice with all the up & down they're gonna need. I'd find some sort of sleeve, like a long neck grommet. Paint it if they don't like silver or gold.

JBurton

Signtologist
1/2" would be my choice with all the up & down they're gonna need
OP never said if his local team was any good. There's a fair chance these will be set for years to come... regardless, relettering once a year for up to 10 years doesn't sound like a great deal, but I have no clue how robust gatorboard really is...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
About as robust as the person who's gonna be doing it. They'll need to be careful and know not to drop them or bounce them on the floor.

Ya know, I was at the doctor's office this morning with my wife. So, the nurse, starts asking my wife questions and all kindsa sh!t and after about 15 minutes of that, she says, alright the doctor will be in , in a few minutes. She opens the door and takes her mobile station out and it slams it into the wall, knocking things around, including the computer which almost fell on the floor. It's not theirs, so they don't give a rat's hiney about it. Somebody will replace it.

cart_11132018-02.jpg

JBurton

Signtologist
About as robust as the person who's gonna be doing it. They'll need to be careful and know not to drop them or bounce them on the floor.

Ya know, I was at the doctor's office this morning with my wife. So, the nurse, starts asking my wife questions and all kindsa sh!t and after about 15 minutes of that, she says, alright the doctor will be in , in a few minutes. She opens the door and takes her mobile station out and it slams it into the wall, knocking things around, including the computer which almost fell on the floor. It's not theirs, so they don't give a rat's hiney about it. Somebody will replace it.

cart_11132018-02.jpg
This picture bothers me. Why is the mouse on the wrong side?

Humble PM

If I'm lucky, one day I'll be a Eudyptula minor
Mouse isn't the only sinister part of the setup - just reflect on the topsy turvy nature of t'interwebs