• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Has anybody used PostCoats?

Moze

Precision Sign Services
For a sign going up on a vacant lot and meant to be viewed from a distance, I think they're a good solution/alternative to painting or staining.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Not in my opinion.

Week before last we picked up 60 4" x 4" x 10' posts. Stained them all in less than a day, Including the post, paint, and labor.... it cost me less than $12.00 a post to have a finished post, but we can get over $75 each for them.

Monday, we picked up another 45 4" x 4" x 10' posts. These we'll get on tomorrow because someone was out sick today.... I really think playing hookie.

We do a lot of real estate signs, so I guess my appraoch is different, but throughout the years, any place I worked or my own shops..... we always had a supply of 10' posts ready to go lickity-split. Between construction signs, real estate and just temporary signs, it's always been a habit to store posts. We also have... I think 6 NON-treated posts sanded, primed and one top coat of white, in case someone wants a post other than white. One day and it's the color they need/want. We have a complete storage room for paint and we can mix custom colors if need be. In fact, we just did some for our state's first fallen Deputy in the line of duty last week. We made the sign and they wanted everything matching in colors. The sign took 2 hours to make, another 1/2 hour to pinstripe and we painted the posts and had gold finials already painted. In about 3-1/2 hours, we had a sign ready and all they had to do was wait for the paint to dry to pick it up the next day.