• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Have to make Chinese lettering for a sign- HELP!

DeVries Signs

My Dad's church is adding a Chinese congregation, and this n00b has no idea how to go about it. I've attached a pic of the lettering needed.

I see there are "truetype" (free) fonts available that I can convert in my Gerber Omega, but which ONE would be best? Is this "traditional" Chinese, or "Simplified"?

Once I install the font, I guess I'll just have to try and match the symbols ("letters"), correct? Thanks in advance for the help. :)

Attachments

• viewer.png
    viewer.png
    15.1 KB · Views: 64

Fanaticus

I'd be careful with google translate. Things don't always come back the way they were meant to be.

I'm not sure about chinese symbols, but there could be THOUSANDS of them like the japanese kanji's.

If you can't get it, maybe try the vector doctor?

Custom_Grafx

Traditional vs Simplified has a huge difference, so it's a pretty important factor. If it were Japanese I could do it in a flash for you... pity.

If you can get it in a word doc, along with a screen shot (which you already have), it's a start.

I would copy/paste it from the word doc, then do a visual check to make sure every character is correct.