• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Head Strike from feed roller

Jason1

I had a headstrike today. The rubber roller split and the plastic holder came off and came in contact with the head. Machine is a jv300 plus and about 1.5 years old. Has anyone ever had a feed roller come off and do this? The little blue rubber bands were still intact. I have preformed 3 head cleanings and a 90 min soak. I think the head is done. Any thoughts??

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1694897848395.jpg
    FB_IMG_1694897848395.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 107

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
If that came loose and jammed up under a head then it is quite possible that it dented the bottom of the head. If that is the case then the head is ruined. Shut off the printer, slide the carriage to the lest end of the machine, open the inspection cover and inspect the bottom of the heads.

damonCA21

I had a headstrike today. The rubber roller split and the plastic holder came off and came in contact with the head. Machine is a jv300 plus and about 1.5 years old. Has anyone ever had a feed roller come off and do this? The little blue rubber bands were still intact. I have preformed 3 head cleanings and a 90 min soak. I think the head is done. Any thoughts??
I would contact Mimaki. The rollers shouldnt be disintegrating after 1.5 years, so really they should be paying to fix it