• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help Identify please

Silver Star DC

Hey everyone. I have another font I need help with. I need the SBB&T font to recreate this logo. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• Southern Belle Logo.jpeg
    Southern Belle Logo.jpeg
    67.4 KB · Views: 203

Colin

The B letters are not a modified Playfair B. They are some other font entirely (likely an alternate character), or custom made.
I thought the Bs might be "Desire", but they aren't.

Colin

^^^ Interesting, I installed Backslash, but it doesn't have any alternate characters, at least not the "B".

Shrug

Colin

I'd be interested to know how you discovered that it was Backslash. I have that font, but FinfMyFont didn't pick it up.

Silver Star DC

I'd be interested to know how you discovered that it was Backslash. I have that font, but FinfMyFont didn't pick it up.
I kept thinking to myself that I had seen that font before. I went back through my previous font ID requests and that font was one of them. Someone had identified it for me.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
^^^ Thanks. Any idea why I'm not seeing any alt characters with mine? (CorelDraw X7)
There's a video that I came across and can't find right now that shows the changing to different characters. It involved selecting the character once typed and right clicking it. Doing that showed the alternate characters available and allowed selecting the one you want.

Colin

There's a video that I came across and can't find right now that shows the changing to different characters. It involved selecting the character once typed and right clicking it. Doing that showed the alternate characters available and allowed selecting the one you want.

Thanks Fred. I tried that but no luck. Perhaps a newer version of CorelDraw will do that?

unclebun

Open the Character Map from Windows and select the font. Find the special character you want to use and look at the bottom edge of the app or the hover over popup to see its alt code. Then when you are in the text editor and it's time to use the special character, hold the alt key and use the num pad to type the three digit code. Release the alt key and it will type the special character. You can also do this to type fractions and things like ®

Colin

^^^ Thanks. Unfortunately I'm not seeing the Alt characters (like the "B" in this thread) in the Character Map.

Shrug

unclebun

If they aren't in the character map you don't have them. Often this comes when you use free versions of fonts or ones packaged with software, rather than the expensive one direct from the foundry.