• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help IDing graphic type (firetruck)

Jillbeans

This is not gold leaf as far as I can tell.
It's not SignGold either.
Client says it's factory direct.
I can't remember the name of the factory who produces these.
(I think it's a firetruck manufacturer down South somewhere)
It's gold with a clear laminate, which you can see at the edges.
I've seen these a hundred times but am drawing a blank.
What's throwing me off is the airbrush look on the ribbons.
Trying to match the look.
:thankyou:
Love....Jill

Attachments

• fire.jpg
    fire.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 126

Billct2

It could be digital, but it could also be real gold.
I remember seeing a story on a guy who does all the goldleafing on vinyl then applies a clear overlaminate.

jfiscus

Rap Master
There are many manufacturers out there, you may have to get in touch with the graphics division of the factory to se eif they have a record of what material is/was being used for this type of projects. Leo's Gold Lion is very popular, but other manufacturers use FirehouseDecals.com products. Matching these specialty products can be a real PITA unless you are experienced with each brand or have good quality photos to compare. Can you upload a better/closer photo?

Either way, you should be able to tell how it was printed by the dot pattern.

signage

[video=youtube;JVh0kqE4gbE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVh0kqE4gbE&list=PLHP-z1WjnPWufMyjAQggSd4va_hfHPoBH,[/video]

Try here

Rickey J

Made by Pierce Engines. It's the real deal on top of clear vinyl. Spun, then painted, airbrushed or whatever, then sealed on top with a brushed on clear coat. Had the same question a month ago for almost the same thing. See here http://www.letterville.com/ubb-cgi/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/60943.html?#000000 and also has a link to the Pierce video on how they do it.

I will second that. I am looking at two Pierce trucks right now with the same thing. I do a lot of warranty stuff for Pierce MFG. and hey just send me the new gold leaf and I put it on for them. If there is something special you need you can call them and they might be able to get you what you need.