• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HELP!! L25500 asking for ink cart resets... 10 times... and counting :)

The ink system is pressurized while printing. Be sure to drill into the Ink Menu > Replace Ink Cart on the control panel before replacing the cart. This will depressurize the carts and allow them to be replaced far more easily.

iSign

I didn't know about that pressurization thing at first either... my training was all over the phone, & we had 10 hours of delays with trying to do set-up and training, finally waiting until after two visits by HP techs trying to get my brand new machine to print... but in any case... after not being around here much lately, this thread reminds my pretty damn quick of the amazing value in this community! Thanks again Fred, Jason, Gary, Tim, 2CT, Matt and the guys at Castek... great to have access to this resource!

Suz

Doug,

Glad you posted this. I'm late adding to this post, but have had this happen with quite a few cartridges. However, I've not asked HP to replace any of them, even though the cartridges look to be under warranty still. Lots of "reseat" messages, then they might work intermittently. I cleaned contacts, still problems. When I purchased new cartridges, it works. So, I think I have (4) cartridges all with ink left in them, that need to be replaced. :) Thanks, again, they are under warranty. I'll be calling HP on Monday. Wish I would have thought of that before I bought new ink!!! I have to say, HP did replace some defective print heads for me. That was great! They replaced an entire set.

KevSign

Once the ink cartridge not recognize with printer, don't mess with it, I had try 3 time on my L28500 the result printer need reset eeprom, but my L28500 all touch screen don't know how to fix, local tech came next day, Also HP send new cartridge next day too.

Suz

2CT Media,

I gotta say THANKS for that EEROM Reset tip! That was great. I followed your directions and did that.

HP replaced two bad ink cartridges for me, that was a big money saver. I was not happy that I wasn't able to use all the ink I purchased and my ink was still within the waranteed date. Anyhow, much happier now. Glad that HP is good about replacing these. Yay!

Christian @ 2CT Media

Absolutely no problem... After paying way more than anyone should for HP to walk me through that process, I wrote it down and figured if someone else runs into the same problem I could help them out for free.