• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help thief!!!!!

jtw345

I have a gerber fx and use omgea 4.0 and have had a former employee embesel more than I want to think about. I am looking for some help to try and just see exactly how much is missing and what jobs I didnt get paid for.

I have talked to Gerber and really didnt get anywhere but Im trying to find some kind of history of what jobs have been sent to the FX.

I have tried looking in the queue and seppath folder with minimal results.

Bottom line is from Jan 1st to March 31st we spent over 10k on materials and had only sales a little over 4k with most of that material unacounted for.

So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
Welcome from the Kingdom of Texas!

I feel your pain. Been there. Fired the person and since I did not have them arrested I got to later pay for increased unemployment rates. That felt real good.

I am not aware of any way to track other than a search of your job folders by date of creation.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I can't help but ask ... where were you while this was going on?

If you think that the supplies were actually consumed producing work that you never saw the funds or paperwork for, then you could apply your average markup (cost of goods) to the value of what is gone to arrive at a rough figure. In my business that would work out to 700% to 800% markup.

jtw345

I wish water boarding was legal. As to where was I, I have another business that consumes 99% of my time and I was just being a complete dumbass I guess to much trust so it really just happened under my nose. I have spoken with a state police and they are willing to do an investigation but if hes in jail ill never see a dime. So im trying to find out as much as possible and say pay up or do the time.

CheapVehicleWrap

Hate to break it to you but you're never going to see a dime anyhow. You need to get this individual as close to the laminator as possible and get his hands in there while someone else sneaks outside and "shrimps" his vehicle.

sfr table hockey

Hate to break it to you but you're never going to see a dime anyhow. You need to get this individual as close to the laminator as possible and get his hands in there while someone else sneaks outside and "shrimps" his vehicle.

If you can get him that close to the laminator it would not be his hand I would be sticking in there...

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Print minutes are available on the Edge.
But who keeps track of that until you replace a $3,500 print head.

johnnysigns

On the flip side it's amazing that edge prints are still in that high of demand! I remember seeing someone "wrap" a whole 53' trailer in edge prints and thinking they were masochists. All 11.8" (that right? - can't remember) panel at a time...

2B

the other way to track down is look at the design files that have been "modified" with in that range will also give you an idea of what was made

Tony Teveris

As Browner said. There is no official record of jobs printed but if they opened jobs in GspPlot (not quick plot = output selected or output all from Composer) you could look at the dates on the *.PRM files within the job(s) folder. The date would be the last time the file was written = last time the file was actually output to the device(cut/print) or the user created a spool file of the job. Thats about the best you can do.

BobM

Want to do yourself a big favor? Get over the loss. He screwed you. Someday, somehow you will come back to haunt him. You will spent another $10K chasing a person who can't and won't ever reimburse you, even with the law on his back.

Spend your time and effort to build your business and a system of checks and balances so nobody can do that to you again. Revenge isn't as good as it's made out to be. Satisfaction of coming back stronger and better is what it's all about.

ThinkRight

Change the locks and alarm code,and if you have wifi,change the key.
Also have banks watch accounts.
If he accessed bank accounts the feds step in.
Have him arrested,you are never gonna see the money anyway.