• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HELP: We have a Royal Sovereign 1650, Now What? Needa "Getting Started Material List"

ShoNuff

The Doer of Things
Hello - Long Time Designer... BRAND NEW PRINTING/LAMINATING/Production dude. We need a "Getting Started Material List" to get our Royal Sovereign 1650 up, running and gunning.

Right now we have the machine, the 30" media film, and prints to start running... Now what the hell do I do to get this going? haha.

No seriously, I need some help!

TwoNine

I think he's looking for a list of recommended laminates....???

There are much better people to help you here with that than I, my friend...

But you may want to tell these guys what you plan on making most of the time....Yard signs, MDO Site Signs, Car Wraps, etc.....

Welcome, again, from WA

Last edited:
Regarding the webbing and operation of the lamiantor, there are a number of video tutorials available:

http://www.youtube.com/results?sear...l10.81l617l0l4578l5l5l0l3l3l0l145l197l1j1l2l0.

With regard to what type of films to use, this will depend on what print media you are using. As far as a general rule, pair calendared print media with calendared laminates, and cast with cast.

Almost any cold film will work with your machine. Always center the film on the machine as the rollers are crowned (larger diameter) in the middle of the rollers.

ShoNuff

The Doer of Things
Thanks everyone for your quick replies. I was hurrying out the door for a quick supply run before I posted. What I was meaning was a suggested material list for things such as "leaderboards", sled, "butcher" paper, etc. The basics.

From what Ive seen leaderboards look to be 1/4"-1/2" scraps of foamcore as wide as the media to laminate. Is the same materials used for the sled, as well, just the full size of the royal sov's feed table?

AND I have two different media types that have been printed on for decals needing laminate before going to plotter and weeding - 30" Briteline Premium Gloss self-adhesive vinyl and a couple runs on 30" 3M intermediate gloss. The laminating film we have at the moment is 30.5" 3MIL Gloss Briteline Shield.

Ive been watching the training tutorials on how to use the Royal Sov - But before I can dive in, I would like to know if I'm prepared for both. From what Im gathering off replies that simple answer is NO. I have laminate for the Briteline runs - but I would need to attain the laminate film specific for the 3M intermediate gloss vinyl?

As far as what we plan on making most of the time, that is market specific for our area but we intend on producing everything from banners, yard signs, vehicle wraps, and other digitally printed vinyl/media solutions. Canvas prints, Wall wraps.. The job Im working on is part promotional decals/bumper stickers - "give aways" for our client, as well as, larger sized - short life sponsor decals for Sprint Cars.

The "handy's" are printed from the HP25500 on the 30" Briteline Premium. A short run of those same sized "handy's" were also printed on the 30" 3M Intermediate Gloss, along with the larger sized sponsor decals. Before I can go any further, they need laminated and cut.

That is one reason I am here. The other is to build with like minded professionals of every experience level. We have tech resources to call but I also like to get in the know of those who are doing this in their own shops, everyday.

Hopefully between my tech resource and this new found community, I can get my legs sooner than later.

Thanks again everyone for the views and replies.