• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with a Roland 540 please

Kate

Hi,

I am trying to cut a graphic out on my Roland 540. I have been working on it for a while and have never had an issue.

Today, while I was trying to cut something out, the knife head just kept cutting in the same spot over and over again. The only way I could get it to stop was by canceling the job.

Has anyone come across this problem before or know how to fix it? Any help would be much apprecaited.

Kate

On every file now. I have rebuilt the files so I know it is all single cuts.

The Roland Print and Cut CJ 540, commjet pro II.

niksagkram

I think that it has to be a communication problem between your RIP and the printer/cutter. Which RIP are you using? The CJ 540 is quite old I think, similar to my SC-540 and I use Roland ColorRIP 2.2 for it. You might want to check your cables and also the settings in your RIP. That's all I've got! :)

Mark

Kate

I have adjusted all the cords, I have restarted the roland itself as well as the rip and the computer. I have rebuilt the files.

Jus not sure where to go from here. But thank you for helping me.