• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with dimensions

april80

I have no clue what to do. I have flexistarter 8.6 with a seike plotter-cutter. Ok say i want a 4x4 thing to print out. I use the flexi dimensions than when it goes to the print part there are other things you can do to change the sizes.
I hope i did not confuse anyone but how can i make it to where i get the exact sizes i need to print out. i have wasted a ton of sign vinyl before printing onto the thermoflex.

:thankyou:

ChicagoGraphics

Are you printing or cutting?

Really doesn't make a difference though, you use design central to size what ever it is your cutting or printing

april80

To cut. I see design central but once I click cut-plot and it opens in the new screen where I click send, when it prints it is not the same size as what i choose in design central

april80

It varies. I would have to try it to see. usually its bigger i think. I wish i there was a remote assistance program that would help me with a live person!!!!

april80

thats an idea! Would there be anyone willing to do a remote assistance to show me how to use the program and when it prints out i can measure it to see if it the same size where you would show me where to make the sizes i need? i could possinly pay via paypal

JimmyG

Flexi Starter is quite basic....You should make some test "cut" plots to make sure that your plotter output dimensions match your software....
You didn't give specifics on your "seike" plotter / printer...?

There may be some dimension tweaks in your plotter printer menu that can fine tune your dimensions on output....

april80

thanks for the reply Jimmy . if i gave my phone number, would could you call me and help em walk through it? thanks

FrankW

If the deviation of the output varies, it should be a problem with the plotter hardware.

If the deviation is everytime the same, it should be a problem with the Resolution (Steps/in), a setting which can be found in the Default Job Properties. If the sizes e. g. varies around the factor 2.54, it is a mix-up of centimeter and inch, what happens sometimes. To solve that problem, calculate the number of steps per inch needed to get the real size based on the mentioned number of steps per inch mentioned in Default Job Properties, and correct the value.

april80

Thank you for all your replies!! Bobby with CiberSupplies called me this morning and explained a few things and suggested training DVDs and what his company offers!! All of you folks are very kind. It is hard to explain what my problem was but in my mind I can do it now!!! It has to do with the design central and how i need remeber to do it how he explained it to me. I hope I just made sense!!

So, the next thing to do is to get the training dvds and watch them a few times and hopefully i can be as good as the rest of you!!

OldPaint

regular FLEXI, when you send to print/plot, open what is called PRODUCTION MANAGER window. regular flexi has size adjustment, orientation to page, quantity and where you want to set the object on the page.............if you have these in starter, you need to RESET THE SIZE before you hit SEND.