• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help With Store Window Display For New Business

Dezmond

Hey Everyone.. We are getting into the Sign / Digital printing business and I am working on getting out store front layout done.. We have lot's of glass to play with so I wanted to maybe use some frosted vinyl on the windows with our logo and some of the products we sell. I have attached a image of what I have done so far. I am stumped though as to what to do with our door. I was thinking of Perf vinyl on the whole door but not sure what to put on it?

We have a CJV150-130 Printer if this helps.

I would love to hear your thoughts (both good and bad) and any improvements we might want to do.

Thanks is Advance everyone :)

Dezi

Attachments

• Window Layout TBurg Signs 2.jpg
    Window Layout TBurg Signs 2.jpg
    974.4 KB · Views: 320

2B

.First you have to check with your city and make sure you stay within code on what is allowed for graphics.

yes would suggest using perf on the ENTIRE door, we did our front glass door and it is an excellent selling tool.
for us, we used a high res image of nature with LOTS of colors and printed that. shows the color range and also color vibrancy.
you can also print your company information, hours, phone number, address, etc,,,

Last edited:

hcardwell93

It appears like it will be difficult for the consumer to read and know what you are. I would use 2B's suggestion and creating graphics with lots of colors. I understand your concept with printing C M Y and K lettering but I don't know it's going to communicate what you want. I get the impression that you just print business cards or something and the cyan and yellow wording isn't legible.

I would pick a simple, large message to communicate such as "Digital Printing & Signs". I sell my shop as "Signs & Awnings" instead of listing 18 things which they won't be able to focus on.

printhog

Best tool we ever used were giant images of kids having fun coloring stuff and we rotated them seasonally. We were a fleet graphics company. We wrote copy that went with the images and tied to different product. But only one product per month. We used a kid coloring book theme as it said how simple and easy full color was (in 1995 when it wasn't). Our tagline was a snarky "made you look" and it was prominent.

Our first 8x10 window brought in a customer that said " well ya made me look".. that customer went on to buy $2 million in graphics over 15 years.

I think you're better off to avoid total coverage perf.. it can make the storefront look dark and in inviting. Use contour cut perf of big things, big faces, big smiles, and product action photos. Fill that space but leave open windows for folks to see in. Contour cut perf isn't something folks see a lot of, and it looks great inside.

Avoid pictures of trade specific things. No one cares about the printer, the tools, the 4 color test strip. Show what the clients want. Truck wraps, signs, or holiday themes.

No offense but the logo repeated across the top lacks creativity. Looks like every print shop logo everywhere. As does the bottom panels. Stack the menu list on the front door at eye level and in 1.5" high.. they'll read it as they walk in. You've got the space, the tools, and the economy of ownership to use that window like a monthly newsletter. Work it. Create demand vs identifying what you do.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I'd make the logos at the top more simple. If I was giving it a 5 second glance I cant make anything out on the top. The logo has too many colors and doesn't make clear what the business is. I also don't like repeating the logo. Maybe one window where the logo is big and the other windows for other things. Maybe something in the middle of the window. Making my eyes look top and bottom make it harder to figure out where the flow is.

WrapYourCar

The cmyk is boring.. looks like Clipart.. text is too hard to read (too small and bad font choice).. imagine someone is 50 metres away and needs to read your signage in 5 seconds.. as much as you love the name of your shop.. you need to make the signs, banners etc. Larger that is the draw card not your logo.

Dezmond

Thanks Everyone. I guess I need all your help in getting me a nice store front for people to see. I understand about the logo repeat. It does look bad. I want to setup a bunch of products in this area (lawn signs, banners, real estate signs, sticks, etc) and also use the wall you see. I am not sure the best way to get our name noticed and what to use on the windows. I would like to use perf on the door with a full colour image as stated above and put our store hours on it. What else would be good to print and put on the other windows?

Any help would be great :)

Thanks

Dezi

Megagrafix

President
Hey Everyone.. We are getting into the Sign / Digital printing business and I am working on getting out store front layout done.. We have lot's of glass to play with so I wanted to maybe use some frosted vinyl on the windows with our logo and some of the products we sell. I have attached a image of what I have done so far. I am stumped though as to what to do with our door. I was thinking of Perf vinyl on the whole door but not sure what to put on it?

I would love to hear your thoughts (both good and bad) and any improvements we might want to do.

Dezi
If you want to use a frosted film I would suggest glass adhere

Dezi

Megagrafix

President

Dezi

Megagrafix

President

Dezi