• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Help with uneven plotting

Logo Goes Here

Hey everyone,

I could not find a related thread so please excuse me if this has been addressed in the past and I missed it. I have been experiencing inconsistent plotting on our Mimaki CG-160FX
These jagged edges and offset counters occur in every output but it always in the same place. The inconsistency also occurs in both live text, outlined type, and sometimes in non-text line graphics.

We design vector in flexi and sometimes illustrator. We output through Flexi production manager

To resolve this issue we have:
Replaced the data cable (USB)
Blown out dust
Checked for loose screws and hardware
Performed regular maintenance including cleaning and adjusting pinch rollers and grit roll
Applied lubricant to all appropriate contact surfaces
Replaced and adjusted blade
Adjusted cutting speeds and pressure

Has anyone else experienced this and was able to correct? Does this sound more like a data or software issue than a hardware issue?

Below are some sample photos of our problem.

Thanks!
IMG_0813.jpg
IMG_0814.jpg
IMG_0812.jpg
Mimaki CG-160FX

ikarasu

How is your cutting strip? any big gouges in it? If it happens in the same spot, thats all I can think of. Looks a bit severe to be a cutting strip issue though.

Logo Goes Here

How is your cutting strip? any big gouges in it? If it happens in the same spot, thats all I can think of. Looks a bit severe to be a cutting strip issue though.
Cutting strip is in good condition. That's a reasonable suggestion. I checked it after you posted and it looks good there. Unfortunately the issue doesn't occur in the same spots. That is why I lean more toward a data transfer, output or software issue. We want to rule out possible hardware issues first though.