• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help!

SolitaryT

Looking for something to fasten a Di-Bond sign to the top of an aisle in a convenience store. I've done a quick sketch in Sketch-Up to try to illustrate better. Any ideas?!? You guys are an amazing bunch!

Attachments

• 301085_227212117333810_126326107422412_541674_538383516_n.jpg
    301085_227212117333810_126326107422412_541674_538383516_n.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 72
Last edited by a moderator:

Circleville Signs

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking. Looks like you've already designed the solution. Now call your local fabricator and have it made to the dimensions you need out of aluminum. Or if you have in house fabrication capabilities, get to work! :)

SolitaryT

Gary... trouble is that we're in Alaska, so fabrication and available materials are slim, as is our capability here in the shop. I guess I'm looking for someone who sells such a bracket. Maybe with a magnetic base? Still, Gary, thanks for the encouragement!

Circleville Signs

A magnetic base isn't going to be strong enough to hold that type of design and the attached dibond.

I'm not aware of anyone who makes those type of things as a commodity, however if it exists, someone around here can help. I know that there are merchant members here who are fabricators, and might be able to create what you need and ship it to you.

petepaz

try Bur-Lane
i have used them for different frames for office cubicle nameplates
they have stock items and they can make custom versions
888-263-1070
ask for Dee

SolitaryT

Dimensions! Of course! The face is 18" tall, 36" wide, and 1/8" thick dibond, to be up 6" to 12" inches off the top of the shelving, which has a 1 1/2" bar running the length of the display to mount to.

SolitaryT

Bur-Lane has got a ton of stuff! I don't know if I can use anything for this order, but I'll have to keep them in mind in the future!

SolitaryT

Again, Carolina, I'm in Alaska. The closest Home Depot is 300 miles away by boat or plane. SignManiac, I realized a long time ago that magnets don't stick to aluminium. However, they do stick to the steel that I would like to affix the dibond to, and, as a removable option, that could work, although I was leaning more towards screwing them on in some capacity.

Dentafrice

I would hang it from the ceiling.
I was just about to say this, but didn't want to appear stupid.

Is it possible to hang it from the ceiling? If it's a drop ceiling, remove a few tiles and see what you can see up above to support it from..

Seems like your only option with so many popular options being so out of reach.