• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Helvetica Compact or Bold... Cant find it...

Capital Signs

I am looking for the font "Helvetica Compact or Bold"

I was surprised to see that windows or office does not have it. Where do I get this font, it does not have to be truetype font, as I am using flexi...

Anyways, any where I can download it without purchasing it? Or do I have to purchas it.

Thanks!

rdm01

I always thought that arial was near identical, just with some small variations in letters like "R" and something else.

flyinhawaiian968

MY GOD, SHOVEL!!! Please, PLEASE (!!!!!!) change that avatar, for the life of god!!! It is repulsive and sorta scares me!!!

Now I'm gonna have nightmares tonight!!! I foresee big, red lips chasing me around the shop, and I can't find enough scrap vinyl to wrap it against the wall!!!

Chris

rdm01

OOOPS, I take that back, after a search I found a thread that properly defined the difference between the two. You have to admit, they are close if you are not being real picky.

Shovelhead

OOOPS, I take that back, after a search I found a thread that properly defined the difference between the two. You have to admit, they are close if you are not being real picky.

muuahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

:banghead:

grafixemporium

You have to admit, they are close if you are not being real picky.

That's like saying Coke and Pepsi are the same thing if you are not being real picky. In reality, other than the fact that they are both soft drinks, they are completely different.

Capital Signs

:) Very true, but I think I will get by with the Swiss Typeset because he said just come up with something similar, even though it's not exact. He just didnt want something that had a big enough difference like brush script and helvetica ...

Rodi

URW calls their Helvetica Nimbus Sans and Nimbus Sans Novus, designed by Max Medinger, mr. Helvetica. Arial is not even close, but if you want something close but better Azkindenz Grotesk from Berthold, a real champ of a font

Rodi

Capital, Univers (Pronounced univar, because the frogs don't pronounce the last letter) too.
Thanks sign man signs!