• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hi from Sioux Lookout

siouxsigns

Hello.
Not new to the sign biz, but have lots to learn. Saw an older gent hand lettering a sign, over 15 yrs ago, and then helped a friend in Minnesota do some signs ... They were both very very good craftsmen and artists. Thought to buy a vinyl cutter and software and started doing signs just with vinyl and even painting and more - part time from home/shop. Now I have been drawn further into the whirlpool and can't or won't get out. Got some big boy equipment and trying to make a go of it. HP 26500, Graphtec FC8600 and a laminator, Onyx Thrive 11, Corel 16 etc. I really appreciate signs 101 and the sharing, but not sure how to add anything. Appreciate all the organizing of info and the messages that are posted and such help.

I still have a problem getting my CutContour lines in decals etc from Corel to be cut by the Graphtec via cut server, after printing on my HP via Onyx Thrive 11. I have tried so many things but this is not working yet and have lost lots of income that way and feel out of the loop and, well you know. Cutting Master from Corel cuts fine, printing on lots of substrates is fine too.

I am located in an out-of-the way market, but there is lots of potential to make money. Cheers.

Pete Moss

Welcome from Duluth, Minnesota. Looks like a bunch of northern folks in this thread so far. Where in Minnesota did you do sign work?

siouxsigns

Welcome from Duluth, Minnesota. Looks like a bunch of northern folks in this thread so far. Where in Minnesota did you do sign work?

It was in Mankato. His name is Juan. Great artist. We went into a mall (me a lackey) to vinyl and paint a new company's temp billboard. Lots of people were watching. He says, "Bill you know what all these people have in common? (as he was hand lettering a part of the sign). ... They are all waiting for me to make a mistake!" Hah. Great lessons from him.

I appreciate all the welcome messages. Greetings to y'all. - I'm not really from a 'y'all' part of the continent.

Sparky1796

Need Help

Hello everyone,

I am new to Signs 101, and I am not sure if i am posting in the right spot ? I have a Roland 300i and I can not
get the magenta & yellow inks to come out. I need to know were the pump is so that I can try to clear the lines.
If you can help, I might be able to save some of my Hair !!