• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

high production printing cost on HP Latex printer

O

onlinestar

Hi guys, search is my friend, I know most of you paying $115-125 for latex cartridges on your HP 26500's. My question is to high production shops only, printing 6pass bi @ 8-10 hours a day / 5-6 days a week --- what are you averaging in ink cost per sq ft? I come from solvent and uv and had around 15c and 25c respectively. I figured you guys paying out around 55c per s.f. paying this much for your ink? Thanks! Keep printing!

Last edited by a moderator:

bikecomedy

Yeah ... What you talkin' 'bout Willis? Latex Ink for $115-$120? [bikecomedy makes face like 70's sitcom star and candidate for Governor of the great state of California, Gary Coleman]

HulkSmash

i pay 123 for latex ink.
i print 8 pass all day. 20cents a SQFT.

if you're using flexi it lays about 3 times too much ink

O

onlinestar

Thanks Colorado! So you averaging 20c over a long haul. What rip are you using?

bikecomedy

Did I misread? " ...I know most of you paying $115-125 for latex cartridges on your HP 26500's." Implication being you knew and two of us wanted to know where. We want your price too!!! It cost us more.. :) The best I've ever heard here until this post was $140 if my memory serves me well. That post did not mention the source as far as I can remember. So.... whatcha taklin' 'bout? :D

O

onlinestar

Use search, http://www.signs101.com/forums/show...ice-L25500-or-L26500&highlight=Cost+latex+ink

Did I misread? " ...I know most of you paying $115-
125 for latex cartridges on your HP 26500's." Implication being you knew and two of us wanted to know where. We want your price too!!! It cost us more.. :) The best I've ever heard here until this post was $140 if my memory serves me well. That post did not mention the source as far as I can remember. So.... whatcha taklin' 'bout? :D

wunder

i pay 123 for latex ink.
i print 8 pass all day. 20cents a SQFT.

if you're using flexi it lays about 3 times too much ink

20cents is not the real cost for a sqm. the Price is minimum 4-5 times higher...to calculate is not the ink price important.....$120,- or $130,- do nothing else....

20cent sqm is only feasible with a solvent based Printer.

The 20cent sqm Latex Price is a big lie from HP or the user they can´t be calculate the effictive cost for the machine !!! :banghead:

.....so we can say.....is really care to buy for $120 or $130 latex cartrige

With the 3rd Generation of HP Latex you can save 10-20cent per sqm.
Anything else....is wishful thinking !!!

best regards
wunder

HulkSmash

20cents is not the real cost for a sqm. the Price is minimum 4-5 times higher...to calculate is not the ink price important.....$120,- or $130,- do nothing else....

20cent sqm is only feasible with a solvent based Printer.

The 20cent sqm Latex Price is a big lie from HP or the user they can´t be calculate the effictive cost for the machine !!! :banghead:

.....so we can say.....is really care to buy for $120 or $130 latex cartrige

With the 3rd Generation of HP Latex you can save 10-20cent per sqm.
Anything else....is wishful thinking !!!

best regards
wunder

um ok, glad you think so.

MikePro

cripes! I'm paying $165 from a merchant member here.
would love to hear of someone's source for these low numbers bein' thrown around.

sballinger

We are running the Latex 850, which I know is a little different then the "baby" latex printers. We are at about 15 cents per ink, so 90 cents a sqft total in ink.

bikecomedy

Seems we hi-jacked this thread when the prices were discussed. My apologizes. I do hope you got your price per square foot answer Onlinestar.

For those of us interested in pricing ink the best I could find was $135. http://bigsys.com/EPages/Ink.pl?Mf=HP&Mo=L26500&Gr=Latex&from=Ink&War=&r=Ink.pl

Shopped for the HP L26500 792 Ink Cartridges.

Searching the link provided by onlinestar, the posts there stating $115-$120 are +/- five years old and refer to other machines.

Actually am inclined to believe you Coloradosigns. Can you prove you or anyone else prove you get $123...??? Searching and calling resulted in frustration. :rock-n-roll: