• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

High Resolution side shots of trucks

Signsfyi

Hi,
I have a project that will need a side shot of a newer F250 regular cab truck. This pic is not for a template but for a layout on another vehicle. Do any of you have go to sources for a nice squared up side view of a newer Ford F250 regular cab trucks? Thanks, T

This one is close to me.
61a865055b0a5e09b3ea1836d0995a12x.jpg

Signsfyi

Freepik has been promising, but there are not a lot of modern reg cab trucks there. I may have to modify one.

kcollinsdesign

Old member
Hi,
I have a project that will need a side shot of a newer F250 regular cab truck. This pic is not for a template but for a layout on another vehicle. Do any of you have go to sources for a nice squared up side view of a newer Ford F250 regular cab trucks? Thanks, T
When taking pictures for this purpose use the longest lens availble to decrease curvilinear distortion. Wide angle lenses, as found on most phone cameras, do have some rectilinear correction but should still be avoided. Software can also be used to correct curvilinear distortion.
Basically, stand back as far as you can and use the longest lens available (at least 50mm). Spot measurements should always be taken as well, both for scaling and any perspective correction that you might do in Photoshop (especially for wraps and other critical installations). In addition, most modern truck panels are compound curves, which need to be taken into consideration as well.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Mfg. website 3D viewer and/or 3D model websites have some clean images.

Ford_F_Mk13_SuperDuty_250_SuperCab_XLT_2015_1000_0001.jpg
Careful cuz the doors and that dumb emblem on the side of the fender recently changed. We had some pre-printed partial wraps that we had to trash after their newest truck showed up. To make them faster, we cut the door handle out before install but now you're stuck taking it off.