• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Honest opinion on Big Squeegee

Master's Touch

I added a piece of PVC to the front of the holder to keep the roll in place since I only have two hands and not the requisite 3-4. With this addition, it is a good, if occasionally tricky tool.

TheSnowman

Best tool in my shop, used all day long. More for mounting prints than laminating, but for laminating as well. I don't use it to laminate anything over 36", but I'll lay down a 48" print all day long.

Biker Scout

The Big Squeegee is only as good as your table top, or substrate you are mounting too. Better be flat and smooth, with no bows warps or hickeys.

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
There is no need for such additions to the Big squeegee.

Once the vinyl is started the roll can be allowed to "fall" down in front of the squeegee. Some of my early videos show me trying to keep it in the roll holder but most other videos show it rolling in front of the tool. The addition on the front will hamper a primary function of the design.
I added a piece of PVC to the front of the holder to keep the roll in place since I only have two hands and not the requisite 3-4. With this addition, it is a good, if occasionally tricky tool.

dakotasignwerks

ordered 2 of them... use them constantly. use for applying application tape to cut graphics and laying down prints and cut graphics. great addition to our tool crib.

Master's Touch

Dale---it's your baby, and a great invention....I am just saying in "our" shop I have found that it works better for me that way. Hope I didn't offend.

synergy_jim

I use mine as a straight edge from time to time, and a door prop most of the rest of the time...

There is no substitute for a good laminator.

SAS

I never got use to mine, after a few unsuccessful tries I gave up. I'm not putting it down, just my experience with it. I was going to try and resell it but I knocked it off the shelf and broke the corner off of it.

gnatt66

just got a roll of 210..i'll see if it's any more difficult with that than the fdc calendered lam i was using.

briankb

Premium Subscriber
it is good to have. I have a 32" cradle and yard sign tool. both are good to have in your tool box. I've had the cradle about a week and mounted quite a few 24x36 posters with laminate as well. I wasted a few as a learning curve.

you MUST have a flat and strong work table. and I can not get the release liner on the laminate or photo paper with PSA to push itself out as shown in the videos. I've had to rely on a helper on the 24x36. smaller ones that I could apply enough even pressure I could do myself.

our laminator arrived today and I'm ready to give it a try tomorrow. I like the big squeegees but it is not the end all be all tool. I'll probably continue to use mine on smaller jobs with scrap laminate. instead of firing up the laminator and creating more scraps. I'm glad I have one. and I know I have a backup if the machine breaks.

oh and this I learned from experience both solo and with a helper. just DO IT. don't muck around trying to see if it's ok. either it is or it isn't. once you start just continue at a slow and steady pace until the end.