• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hours Sign

Jillbeans

Here's one I did today for my pal who is moving his tattoo shop to Mars.
He supplied the painted wooden blank, I lettered it with Ronan lettering enamels and variegated gold leaf.
Was going for an eroded look.

I've been doing quite a bit of painted signs lately, it sure is fun.
The other pix are from last week's job, (Douds Bros.) which was for a booth at the Pittsburgh Home show. I antiqued those with shoe polish.
My client loved these and said he's getting a lot of positive comments about them.

Also a menu chalkboard for a local meat market and a painted transom sign for above a salon door in Mars (will do their windows in vinyl this week) Things are looking up.

Attachments

• ah2.jpg
    ah2.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 112
  • ah1.jpg
    ah1.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 82
  • df2.jpg
    df2.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 87
  • daves.jpg
    daves.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 91
  • 0227130724.jpg
    0227130724.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 111

Marlene

I lettered it with Ronan lettering enamels and variegated gold leaf.
Was going for an eroded look.

really liking that variegated gold leaf. I've heard of it but haven't seen it used. looks good

Jillbeans

Thanks. After about 12 years of gilding, the variegated is the only "idiot proof" kind I've found. It's very forgiving.

Barber

I love your work and the ideas that you give to others who ask for help to improve there work.

Jillbeans

I'll take a pic of the salon one installed later this week.
I didn't want to put the street address on it but the client insisted.
I just use the regular 1-Shot super gloss clear (I have an older can that I guard with my life, given to me by Joe Chips)
Really been enjoying my work, I forgot how cool it is to be a sign painter.