• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how big are your sheets when layering vinyls?

kffernandez

hi all!

i have been doing a bit of printing for the past year, but now, i have a friend who wants me to make a set of 2 layer car decals for him. 100pcs of 14" x 4" decals using oracal all the way.

now, my question is, from your experience, what is the ideal size of each sheet when you layer your vinyl? it would be terribly tedious if i just do it one piece at a time.

thanks in advance!

kelly

kffernandez

since this is my first time at it... i was hoping that some of the folks here could share what they are used to working with. thanks.

Mosh

Depending on how close the rgisteration is. I have done 8' with no problems on stuff
that is not super tight.

Pat Whatley

Personally I'd set them up in groups of 10 on 24" vinyl. You can get two decals (14" wide) x five decals (4" tall) onto each piece. You'll only be handling a 24" x 32" or so piece of vinyl each time so registration will be easy and you're only going to have to do it 10 times.

No big deal.

routierracing

Yeah since I've made the move to printing I haven't done any pre layering at all. And the only reason I ever layer at all is if it involves something that can't be printed like a metalic.