• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How can i install a sign on this store front?

OhioSignShop

Short term: Hire a licensed sign contractor and help them with the install. You might learn something.
Long term solution: Contact your City Building Department and find out the requirements to take the test to get a General Sign Contractors License or Limited Sign Contractors License.

You will have to meet experience requirements and go before a board of sign professionals after you pass the (usually 2) tests.
Buy these books for study reference. Most testing is done by ProMetric for the various states that require a license.
1) The BOCA National Building Code 14th Edition, Los Angeles District Office, 562-699-0541
2) Fundamentals of Building Construction, Fourth Edition by Edward Allen and Joseph Iano, published by Wiley
3) American Electricians Handbook, McGRAW-HILL FOURTEENTH EDITION or later
4) The Contractors Guide to Quality Concrete Construction, Third Edition, American Society of Concrete Contractors 314-962-0210
5)International Code Council (ICC) Contractors Reference Manual ISBN#0-9768596-0-2
You will need to gain knowledge by hands on work in the profession. You call it "Stealing Knowledge" that's your problem. If you work hard you will earn the knowledge. No secrets here. It's basic construction methods that have to meet state building codes. You need to also learn everything about the Sign and Graphics Code for your area, it's most likely available online as a .pdf file from each city you want to install in.

MikePro

Short term: Hire a licensed sign contractor and help them with the install. You might learn something.
Long term solution: Contact your City Building Department and find out the requirements to take the test to get a General Sign Contractors License or Limited Sign Contractors License.

You will have to meet experience requirements and go before a board of sign professionals after you pass the (usually 2) tests.
Buy these books for study reference. Most testing is done by ProMetric for the various states that require a license.
1) The BOCA National Building Code 14th Edition, Los Angeles District Office, 562-699-0541
2) Fundamentals of Building Construction, Fourth Edition by Edward Allen and Joseph Iano, published by Wiley
3) American Electricians Handbook, McGRAW-HILL FOURTEENTH EDITION or later
4) The Contractors Guide to Quality Concrete Construction, Third Edition, American Society of Concrete Contractors 314-962-0210
5)International Code Council (ICC) Contractors Reference Manual ISBN#0-9768596-0-2
You will need to gain knowledge by hands on work in the profession. You call it "Stealing Knowledge" that's your problem. If you work hard you will earn the knowledge. No secrets here. It's basic construction methods that have to meet state building codes. You need to also learn everything about the Sign and Graphics Code for your area, it's most likely available online as a .pdf file from each city you want to install in.
+1
Man, I wish I was able to do a google search when I got into the sign business.

OhioSignShop

No google search. I pulled some books off my office shelf that were required prior to ProMetric testing and gave the guy my advice.