• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How can I stretch out banner better?

Christian @ 2CT Media

When it comes to credit cards, the card companies always side on the consumer and make it very difficult for the merchant to prove their case.

If you show up and provide little option, it's some times enough motivation to make a deal. We've lost two charge backs even with providing emails, signed invoices, signed job tickets accepting the final product and much more. We showed up to remove the denied product and both entities made a deal to keep the product that they "didn't like". Some people are smart enough to know they can get away with frivolous charge backs but not smart enough to know that in most states we as businesses have no rights to the product once it's on their premises.

Mosh

I have done 50-75 like this we just staple them to the wall, start at the center and staple to the corners. The frame will hide the staples. OR if reverse make the frame and staple it to the frame. I will show a pic if you are in shock of this simple fix....not Rocket scgygmklokitfr

copythat

Hey Pat

I knew from the beginning with the seam that stretching was going to be a problem. Hence my warnings to client. I also didn't have a source for printing in one panel. I was rushed due to their construction company having to place borders on panels & to open up their new workout area. Otherwise they would have been charged more for their time.

copythat

The Finale!!!

I've been in the printing Industry for over 30 yrs. In sign business 8 -10 yrs can't remember, too pissed right now. I just love to manufacturer a sketch on a piece of napkin provided by a client & watch their faces of awes. It gives me great pleasure to to see their reactions.

Now we come to this major PITA client. Tells their C.C. company I did a shoddy job. I agree, I wasn't totally pleased myself, and I admit it. But, they first reaction from owner was, wow that looks fantastic. But his partner says it looks like crap! And hounds me 2 times a day to find out how to fix it. I was looking into all that. But contacts I've made to seek info took awhile. It's not like they are in a hurry. He tells them I didn't make an effort to do anything. Which I did & sent that info to my C.C. He then goes on and tells C.C. that I said their will be no wrinkles and I said it would be one piece. I provided all the text information + emails proving that he KNEW it will be in two pieces. And that I needed more time to do it right! All that was good info for my C.C. company to protect me.

Sooooo

Their C.C. company wants me to provide them a signed sheet saying job was done exactly to their approval. And that since this was over $2000.00 that I should have had an approval sheet that it was done right. I told them that the dollar amounts have nothing to do with getting an approval. I have 2 businesses that have spent between them close to $20,000 in window graphics in the last year, and not once did they signed anything for approval. The approval I received for one last week was, by giving me two more locations they just opened up. So that is just BS!

I told my C.C. company that if they release the funds based on that decision, they can go F%^* themselves. I'll get someone else. They said that I agreed to pay back any CB's on my contract. Really? What page & what size type was it written in? I dropped AMEX for that reason. I would never agree to that.

Anyway the morale of the story. Get an approval sheet. And watch out for this GYM. And use a magnifying glass before you sign any C.C. company contract.

fresh

Can you go remove the banner? I'm fairly certain the credit card company can't take your money AND let them keep the product.

If they don't let you in, take them to small claims court. You can actually still take them to small claims court for the amount due, and I think you should.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Every time I've run across this situation, my first reaction is of the "take it down" line.
In reality, though, in most cases the customer can actually come after you for vandalism, theft or trespassing- even if they haven't paid for what you've provided.
I wouldn't know how to handle the 50/50 rule if the customer wanted their CC company to refuse to pay the charge. Maybe something in the contract a'la what's at the bottom of receipts "customer agrees to pay all charges listed"?

Also, being described by more polite folks as a jerk, I'd also be the kind of guy that would put a banner on the side of my truck that says something like "A2Z Gym: Rip Off" or whatever and parking in the lot out from where everybody could see it. And I'd make sure to visit every day.

neil_se

That's an easy argument, if they're so unhappy with the result then they'll want it removed. If they don't, then there's no reason they shouldn't pay.

To be honest, I wouldn't be happy with that banner either. If it were my company who'd done it, we would have the banner reprinted in 1 piece at our cost and go back to replace it. We'd use sail track edges if the frame will cover the extrusion.

hansman

My first reaction was to take it down but thats not legal.
It looks like they set you up for failure...... You objected to doing it in a way that you knew would not work.

If you have a good email trail print them all out and take it to small claims court. It may be a hassle but I surely would not take a 5k hit without a fight.

hansman

That's an easy argument, if they're so unhappy with the result then they'll want it removed. If they don't, then there's no reason they shouldn't pay.

To be honest, I wouldn't be happy with that banner either. If it were my company who'd done it, we would have the banner reprinted in 1 piece at our cost and go back to replace it. We'd use sail track edges if the frame will cover the extrusion.

Agreed.^
I never liked the look of a hem on a banner. IMHO good at maybe 25 feet away but not in a frame!

fresh

My first reaction was to take it down but thats not legal.
It looks like they set you up for failure...... You objected to doing it in a way that you knew would not work.

If you have a good email trail print them all out and take it to small claims court. It may be a hassle but I surely would not take a 5k hit without a fight.

The thing is, they "returned" the product by disputing the credit card charge. I think it is legal to retrieve it.

But yes, either way, file a court case. You will hopefully win at least part of the claim.