• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How can this company get away with crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

formanek

As I am doing an install at my best customer RDW (semis I have posted before) this rig pulls in to get diesel work done. I go check out the wrap it has on it and this is what I see. This is the third time I have seen their wraps and they ALL look like this.:ROFLMAO:

FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 111
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 96
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 103

ProWraps

transit work. get on board or go home. we do and we do better. but understand its a WHOOOOOOOLE different world.

i can say with confidence thats busmark and will be pulled within the week or the month. and it will do the job. impressions.

customer doesnt care. it gets the job done. kills the good wrappers like us to see it, but again, transit work is a whole nother world.

Locals Find!

This is unacceptable work no matter what its for. I would be pissed if I paid a company to perform shoddy work like that. BTW all overmedia is famous for putting ads in men's bathrooms particularly stalls & urinals in restaurants/bars

That might help explain their ****ty attitude towards quality.

TwoNine

Well. (Not to) Split hairs. But if I paid them to do shoddy work - I would actually be quite happy with their performance! - J/K....Just bustin' your chops Addie!

Typestries

Agreed with Pro, transit work. Bottom dollar commodity type stuff sub a buck a foot to print and another to install. Busmark w liquid lam or no lam at all. Second only to the "going out of business" uhaul side type work.

TheSnowman

Yea, I've gotta agree...I'm sure they'll never notice when it's rolling down the highway. Long as they knew that and were ok with it...it is what it is.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
some customers don't pay for perfection. cheap is cheap to some and they really don't care if it's perfect or flawed, they just want to see their stuff on there. they have their place.

Locals Find!

Its really scary to me that so many find this acceptable. I am sorry whether temporary or "transit". Is no excuse for not doing the install correctly. Once you start down that slope of allowing even small mistakes it snowballs till everything looks like garbage because it has gained acceptance. I find it ironic the same guys posting that this is acceptable are some of the same people who complain about bad designs. This is no different.

Whatever happened to the morals of do the job right or not at all?? I guess the service beat that into me and its something the civilian world is severely lacking and seems only to be getting worse. I do every job to the best of my abilities and am always striving to improve. If a job is pure garbage I am not afraid to just call it quits and tell the client I can't perform the task.

:noway:Shame on the installers who did this and those who find this acceptable.

JERHEMI

transit work. get on board or go home. we do and we do better. but understand its a WHOOOOOOOLE different world.

i can say with confidence thats busmark and will be pulled within the week or the month. and it will do the job. impressions.

customer doesnt care. it gets the job done. kills the good wrappers like us to see it, but again, transit work is a whole nother world.

A perfect example to see "impressions" with your own two eyes hard at work is to take a trip to the Vegas strip! However, don't look to close at those graphics and install jobs! :Big Laugh

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Prowraps nailed it. We occasionally do contract installs for AllOver Media. It is extreme low budget transit stuff. The contract install rates are so low to the extreme that you have no choice but to nearly slap the prints on with your bare hands as fast as possible and move on to the next one. The only way to make any money is with volume.

That being said - I'm NOT advocating or saying the worst of those wrinkles are acceptable. But bubbles and big tented rivets is the way it goes with contract transit installs. This stuff is intended to be seen from a distance and generally will only be up for one to three months and it's pulled right back off. It has to be printed on low cost material, generally low resolution, and generally with no laminate at all, and definitley not getting app tape. They do ice boxes, ATM, fleet, etc. If you get a request from them you have to beat on them hard to get more money and it's generally only going to be somewhat profitable if you are getting multiple units to do. We have turned them down at times and have also done quite a few installs for them. Depends on what they are offering financially and what we have going on in the shop. If I can spare the internal staffing at $xx per hour and send them out and get $xxx per hour in return I'll often bite. If I'm swamped internally I'll tell them flat out that we cannot do it. We actually have a tiny install I'm sending one of my guys out to do the first week of April. He will be gone from the shop less than an hour, literally a 15 minute install.

Status
Not open for further replies.