• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do I attack this sign?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
^ Why, it's totally unnecessary at all. The place has too many signs so as it is. Being 2 sided is only gonna serve those junk cars in that lot. Anyone else is going to look at the main sign on the pole or flat on the wall.

Can't believe there isn't some code restriction as to total square footage of signs in that little area.

When the OP goes for the permit to do all those signs is when we'll find out what's allowed or not from a legal standpoint. Plus, right under that lamp...... that one's gonna create quite a glare at night. Looks like you're adding about 48 extra square feet.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Signs, signs, everywhere a sign...blockin' out the scenery, breakin' my mind. Do this, don't do that...can't you read the sign?

JB

SignProPlus-Chip

Gino,

Source for 10mm ACM?

Not sure of the size, but 10mm ACM should do the trick. No need for a frame, unless you wanna get into a lotta extra costs. Use 2 really good sign brackets and maybe find some you can use two bolts and nuts for each one to make sure there's no play in movement when swinging around up there. You could also attach a small chain to the main pole and the bottom area of your sign to help prevent extensive blowing around.

I would not consider using .080 or .125 as that would be too heavy for such an application at those sizes and only hanging at the top. Too dangerous. If for any reason, that would let go, you'd either decapitate someone or give them a dent in their head that just won't go away.